What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any recommendations Nose/Tail art?

Darin Watson

Well Known Member
Friend
I am considering adding nose art and am looking for a recommendation for someone who can take a photo and stylize into vynl nose art.:rolleyes:

Any examples for reference of previous work done would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nose/tail art

I just had some aviation art work done by Adam Burch up in Oregon. Unbelievable detail, quality, creativity. He has a website adamburch.carbonmade.com with many examples of his work. He is an RV guy and I believe is a member of VansAirforce.

You can contact him directly at [email protected].

The aviation art project he did for me was accepted into the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola. Feel free to contact me for further details.

I'm going to second Victory Girl. I gave him a picture of Mom with one of her brothers as he was heading overseas in WWII. I also gave him some biographical details from which he provided some sketches. Choosing one that worked for me (Mom loved gardening and worked in the tomato packing industry for many years as a USDA inspector), I had him work up a more complete version. After we got everything to my liking, he did a final render and then had them printed on large waterslide backing (but he also does and recommends vinyl). Below are the starting image and the rough version before final approval.

Jerri Bergen was a delight to work with and the finished product is top notch. Plus it can be reprinted should something happen to the original. I told him what I wanted and that I didn't want anything racy (Mom, after all... :eek:) and he did a great job.

Mom_Scan.jpg

FP28052011A000I1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for recommendations

Guys, thanks for the victory girl tag...really looks like they do some great work. I also know Rod reasonably well...And he does some good commercial vehicle wraps for advertising, not sure if he does the nose art stuff, but will also check.

Patrick, I am inspired by the absolutely classic portrayal of your Mom.

Nose Art

Any graphics arts business that does vinyl should be able to fix you up.

A company that does marine vinyl may be good to use for their stock of UV resistant vinyl. I have had good luck with them for long term.

Nose art is traditionally in the hourglass format.

Let us in on your design.

Victory Girl does a great job at classic aviation artwork, from nose art to flight jackets, and lots more in between. Because I am located at their home airport, I have had an opportunity to see a very large portfolio of VG's work. It is outstanding.

--Lylah

BTW, Jerri's a "she" :)

Back