What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Discussion & Thoughts on Revolutionary New Product

PerfTech

Well Known Member
….Anti-Splat-Aero LLC is actively seeking a test pilot / engineer type, with his or her own airplane and insurance (an absolute must) to enter into a self-orchestrated testing and development program. To our knowledge nothing like this has ever been done. The goal will be to evaluate and document all tests and procedures used to become proficient with this product. Also to create a manual of instruction, on the use and care of this very revolutionary, unique new device. When you have accomplished these tasks, you will most likely be talked about, quoted and inducted into aviation history with other great pioneers like Charles Lindberg, Chuck Yeager, Howard Hughes and Jimmy Doolittle that paved the way for today’s pilots.
….If this sounds like a program that interests you or you know the guy or gal with “ The Right stuff ” tell them to see the video titled “Test Pilot Wanted” on our web site http://antisplataero.com/Home.php and contact us with qualifications etc.
…. We are very interested in all of your comments and opinions on this so PLEASE POST them as they are the driving force that moves us forward. Regards, Allan
http://antisplataero.com/Videos.html

Last edited:
….Anti-Splat-Aero LLC is actively seeking a test pilot / engineer type, with his or her own airplane and insurance

How about a civil engineer with an Aircoupe ;-) You'd just have to make your gizmo a wee bit smaller...I think it will work fine.

Last edited:
Increasing number of RVs per Hanger?

I watched the web site's video. A spring on the Spinner helps you get an RV closer to the hanger wall? Like a curb feeler?

DR could mount it to the front of his scooter. Would that be a good test? It would need to be painted pink. ;)

Product testing...

Oh Oh Oh!! I'm in! :eek:

I've never been a test pilot before. But I have a few questions:

1. Do you need to use primer on it? Can I use shaker can primer?
2. Looks just like the one from Ford, will any PSU work with it?
3. Can it withstand MOGAS if it has alcohol in it?
4. Can I use the clear plastic fuel filters?
5. Are the replacement electrical terminals from WalMart OK?
6. Should I use aircraft brake fluid since it is flammable? What about the rubber seals?
7. Can I just add 100 lbs to my gross weight to off-set the W&B?
8. Can I use automotive plugs?
9. Does it require special approval for IFR flight?
10. Do I need two alternators AND two batteries for backup?

Thanx! How do I get one?

Dkb

Chin strap missing

:mad::p;):D:eek::):(:confused::rolleyes::eek::
Don't know what to think about that, but chin strap is missing.

I am an aerospace engineer and graduate of test pilot school. I also live in CA so that would cut down on travel cost. My only negative would be that my little wheel is on the back. Would you be interested in developing a rudder with a spring? And maybe a few on the wings? Let me know :D

different models available?

Just wondering if you have a model for a car? Our kids are on their own, but they do come visit quite often. For about a 10 year period, we never had to trade in or sell a car. It could have saved me enough for a 10 rather than a 9 or 12.

When you have accomplished these tasks, you will most likely be talked about, quoted and inducted into aviation history with other great pioneers like Charles Lindberg, Chuck Yeager, Howard Hughes and Jimmy Doolittle that paved the way for today?s pilots.
I doubt it...:eek:

Salesmanship!

ROFL....reminds me of the shock absorbers some guy was adding to Skyhawk wing struts, back in the late 60's....for a "Softer ride", in turbulence.

Best,

That's funny!

I love it! I think some outriggers on the wing tips could help us tail wheel guys - you know from those unsightly ground loops. I'll sign up for testing those!!

I'm just wondering...

...how many adult beverages were consumed the night this was conceived, and how long you guys spent rolling on the hangar floor laughing at the sheer genius of your creation?

Also, how hard was it to keep a straight face during that video?

How many takes before you got a video without you cracking up as you pulled out the prototype?

and finally...

How can I get one?

PS - Since I don't have an RV to test the new product, can I wear it as a hat?

Dave

Just One Take!

...how many adult beverages were consumed the night this was conceived, and how long you guys spent rolling on the hangar floor laughing at the sheer genius of your creation?

Also, how hard was it to keep a straight face during that video?

How many takes before you got a video without you cracking up as you pulled out the prototype?

and finally...

How can I get one?

PS - Since I don't have an RV to test the new product, can I wear it as a hat?

Dave

....Believe it or not, this was done in just one take. I did this video all by myself one evening with none of the other guys around. I didn't even share it with them until it was posted. The hardest part was the straight face, almost blew it at the end! This was fun and I hope you all got a laugh out of it. Regards all, Allan

Academy award!!!

I believe an award is in order for one take!

I could not even watch it again without cracking up!

Dkb

Funny....

You already developed a product for the -A models, so this one must be for the tail dragger crowd.:D

Kent

Email

Alan

Could you reply to my emails so I can get the nosejob through the system in the UK,

Best regards

Merchandise!

Allen,

I think you should merchandise this thing. Little keychains, ballcaps with tiny versions of it sticking out the front, etc. Just pay me a royalty of 20% on each sale and of course consult me on all prototypes prior to release to the public. Sound good? Great acting by the way!:D

Formation Trainer

It's pretty clear (although Alan didn't say so) that this new product is intended for pilots learning formation flying as they learn how close they can get to the lead airplane. And it needs a name! I propose: The Formation Training Spinner.

It's pretty clear (although Alan didn't say so) that this new product is intended for pilots learning formation flying as they learn how close they can get to the lead airplane. And it needs a name! I propose: The Formation Training Spinner.

Wow! I hadn't considered the formation flying application for this product. This thing may really catch on. We are still looking far a test pilot as all the applicants so far have not been acceptable. Thanks, Allan:rolleyes:

Last edited:
You have added nearly 3000 smiles to RV enthusiasts.

Hardest part must have been not cracking a smile.

Good Job Allan.

:)

You have added nearly 3000 smiles to RV enthusiasts.

Hardest part must have been not cracking a smile.

Good Job Allan.

:)

Thank you for your kind words. This was a fun little project and I hope the guys all enjoyed it. Allan

Back