What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Zaon Gone?

CPSONE

Well Known Member
Anyone know if Zaon Flight Systems is out of business?
Voice mail is full and hangs up. Emails bounce back.
People have not been able to get a hold of them for the last month!

I've had the same problem. Bought an XRX last month and it quit working. Couldn't get hold of Zaon so called ACSpruce who sold it to me. They immediately sent me a new one, even though it was Zaon's responsibility.
Great service.

ZAON Out of Business

Avwebflash reports this morning that according to Sporty's and Aircraft Spruce, Zaon has "ceased operations".

Too bad they really missed the ADS-B bandwagon. Even though they had a traffic-only ADS-B device it really didn't compare well to other offerings since it did not do weather. I would have thought that foreign sales would have kept them going.

I saw the handwriting on the wall several of years ago. I was helping them beta test their XRX-I. They had two primary engineers. One wanted to go with the XRX-I; the other wanted to go with the ADS-B.

A small company pulling two different directions doesn't usually work.

Zaon Repair

My Zaon XRX has failed. The screen gives the impression that it is working however no traffic is being displayed. This has been confirmed by quickly switching with a friends working unit.

I understand that this fault has been experienced by others and that when Zaon was still in business they would replace the circuit board.

Does anyone have any ideas for repairing the unit now that the company has disappeared?

I find the Zaon to be extremely helpful with providing traffic information and even though ADSB is being introduced it will never replace the information that the Zaon did, at least in Australia.

Back