What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Completed Canopy height? 14A

Mikeandmaz

Quite a mundane question I know but I need to know the completed height of the 14A to the top of the canopy. Im having to move my build to the garage as I?ve run out of space in the workshop with the completed aft fuselage. Basically I?d like to know what height the plane is to top of canopy and I guess what width the wheels will be. If I?ve got to alter the garage door I?d rather do it before there?s a completed RV inside.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

I know already that I can?t get it out with the VS and Rudder on, hence needing to know the canopy height and width to the outside of the wheels.
Cheers,
Mike

I need to know the completed height of the 14A to the top of the canopy...and I guess what width the wheels will be.

My quick measurement just now shows ~73" to the top of the canopy (mine is already off, so I've slightly padded the measurement to the top of the roll bar) and ~90" between the tires' outer edges.

My quick measurement just now shows ~73" to the top of the canopy (mine is already off, so I've slightly padded the measurement to the top of the roll bar) and ~90" between the tires' outer edges.

Great, many thanks, just what I wanted. My garage doors are high enough and 91.5” wide.....

Last edited:
Back