What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Team AeroDynamics, product review: LED Landing Light

eddieseve

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to give Team AeroDynamics a shout out for the Wheelan replacement landing light kit and wig wag unit that they sell.

I stumbled across their website http://teamaerodynamix.com/shop by accident when watching some of their formation videos.

They are offering an excellent deal of free shipping with any purchase and the prices as real good, even for me in Sydney Australia.

The supplied kit is a drop in replacement for the Duck Works leading edge installation.

The kit is suppled with a replacement backing plate that installs into your existing landing light installation without any modifications needing to be done.

All you need to do is unscrew the Wheelan supplied bracket from the LED landing light assembly, and install the replacement bracket supplied by Team AeroDynamix.

Picture below shows the LED Light installed onto replacement bracket, there is also a picture of the wig-wag I purchased to drive the two lights.
6ymjib.jpg

Once this is done you remove your automotive lights and cut the wires to fit the new connectors.
Crimp the supplied spade male and female connectors onto your existing wiring.
Install the LED Landing Lights using the original two screws that held the auto lights in place.

Picture of the light screwed back into place
24llenb.jpg

The entire exercise including removing and replacing the plexi landing light covers took about 30 minutes.

This was the easiest most strait forward installation I have ever experienced.

If your thinking of upgrading to LED, this is the way to go.

Picture of Plexi reinstalled
bf5rtg.jpg

Picture of lights working
16bli55.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:
Eddie,

How does the light itself (pattern, distance, etc.) compare to what you had before, and which of the Duckworx lights did you have?

Hi Kyle,

I'll have to take some evening shots and report back.

I Had the standard 55w halogen duck works light kit so for me it's was a big step up in intensity.

My main aim for these lights is to be see on landing, thus the installation of the wig wag unit, but I will try and get some evening shots next week.

Cheers

Back