What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bahamas Lunch Destinations

drdestructo

Rosie has me fired up to go tour the Bahamas. I have my main stops nearly figured out, but I am looking for ideas on good fly-out destinations for out and back flights to lunch.

Ideas from those who have gone before appreciated.

Also, good, funky beach bars too!

Russ Werner
Park City, UT

Russ,
I may not be much help here as my favorite spot is Marsh Harbor. The best resturants are a taxi and ferry from the airport. I believe Walkers Cay is closed. Freeport is touristy and a bit from the airport.
Your best bet may be Bimini but it is not one of the Cays I am familiar with.
Great place if you get one of the back islands.

Right now we are planning on 2 nights on Abaco and 2 nights at Staniel Cay. Mostly looking for day ideas or possibly one more 2 night stop.

Russ
HRII

Last edited:
We are huge fans of Staniel Cay. I don't think you will be disappointed there. Fun place! The out islands are a world apart from the larger, more popular resort islands.
We have intended to fly up to Normans Cay for lunch during our visits to Staniel, but, unfortunately, it looks like we waited too long. Poking around for some info on the Normans Cay Beach Club to pass on to you, I found out that it closed a few months ago. Now it looks like we will never make it. :( Too bad, it sounded very cool. Normans Cay has some pretty wild history!

We are headed back to Staniel Cay in June. Yippee!:D

Russ, If you are flying out for lunch from Park City, even with an RV, the Bahamas is probably stretching it! HaHa!! Fly on over to Glenwood Springs and I will buy you lunch!

Last edited:
the bahamas stretch for hundreds of miles. where will you be based?

http://www.pilotpub.com/

getting a guide book will get you to new places with the needed info.

walk, taxi bikes............

swim drink dont fly..........

definitely fly the exuma chain.

img1015fa.jpg

While in the Abacos

TAke a ferry over to MAn-o-War and have lunch at Dock and Dine then take a ferry over to Hope Town for some sight seeing .
Bob

Thanks for all the suggestions.

As we are staying in the Marsh Harbor area on nights 1 and 2, I'm thinking we'll be busy there with the Hope Town area. We will have a boat there also.

Nights 3 and 4 are planning to be at Staniel Cay. Not sure if we'll be busy there or looking for fly-out opportunities during the day. 2 more nights with no plan yet...lots of options. Probably just wing it!

As to the lunch in Colorado, it sounds good, but the plane is already in MIA, having done that one 2 weeks ago. It was a sunrise to sunset fly 2 stop day to get the Rocket there. Couldn't have done it without double ziplock bags! Saved multiple stops!

Launching from Miami on May 10. Might hit the keys for a night before heading east.

Cheers,

Russ

Bahama Lunch stop

Hi Guys
Have really enjoyed your travel pics and glad it was fun for everyone.
I spend a lot of time in the Bahamas and seeing your flying to the Abacos stop at Harbor island great lunch over looking the pink sand beach at Sip Sip's. You will have to get a Taxi & water taxi 5 mins across the way from the A/P to to Harbor island but the girls will love the beach there.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Have fun.

From Staniel Cay

From Staniel Cay, you have lots of options.
Cat I, Hawks Nest, Rum Cay, or out to San Salvador.
Long Island, has good lunch at Stela Maris.

From Staniel Cay, you have lots of options.
Cat I, Hawks Nest, Rum Cay, or out to San Salvador.
Long Island, has good lunch at Stela Maris.

+1 for Stella Maris on Long Island! I've made 3 trips there in the LongEZ from SoCal and find the location idyllic and the food wonderful.

While in Hope Town, make sure you check out the old cemetary that's built into the sand dune.

I don't remember the dock restaurant name at the ferry landing point but it's pretty good.
They had some big fish eating all the discards thrown off the side.

Last edited:
There are a lot of new fees for visiting the Bahamas now. Make sure you don't get caught by this when you land. Because of these new fees I won't be landing in the Bahamas anytime soon.
:cool:

Back