What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stein RV-8 CB Panel

DWebster

Anyone have pictures of how the wires where run, bundled and terminated using the the RV-8 CB panel that Stein sells. I am ready to terminate the wires to the panel but would like to see how others have done it. Or talk with someone who has been there already. Thanks

CB panel

UPDATE: SOLD: I sold my unused Stein CB panel.

Dan: Do you have the Stein CB panel for the RV8 already? It is designed to install on the right sidewall, not the instrument panel, proximate to the pilot's right knee.

FYI: I have an unused one that I bought from him but didn't use since I installed an AFS Advanced Control Module instead. Could I interest you in it?

Last edited:
This is a pic of a really nice job on Steinair's web site.

Wired-BB-237.jpg

Dean,
PM me your email address and I?ll send you a couple of pics of my Stein CB panel I installed in my RV8.

The other thing to consider is to make most of your direct use switches - switch breakers, two in one. The Avionics bus can also be a switch breaker for the appropriate load of all your avionic wiring. When individual wiring runs can have a breaker for local protection.

Or use a fuse block similar to the RV12 with led blow fuses.

Back