What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Will these FW pass-throughs be in the way?

AAflyer

Well Known Member
I just ordered a set of SkyBolt fasteners for my cowling. But now I'm concerned that my use of the Van's firewall holes will no longer work. Do I need to move these electrical pass-throughs if I use the cam-locs from SkyBolt?
IMG_4981_zpspohngzcv.jpg
[/URL]

Anyone?

Surely there are some builders who put SkyBolt fasteners on their cowling that can comment on this.
Pleeeeeese.:confused:

Here's the best picture I have of that area. It does not show the hole but close. I decided to move my wire pass through inboard for just the reason you mention. I could not see a way to use that hole and not interfere with the camlocs. I ended up putting a small square of stainless and a couple of stainless pop rivets in place over the hole using firewall sealant to close off that pre-punched hole.

RV-8 FWF by akarmy, on Flickr

Great!

Thanks, Andy. I appreciate you taking the time to dig up the photo for me. It confirms my suspicions: those fasteners really take up a lot of room. I can now start planning to relocate these access holes…probably with similar fire sleeve.
Cheers.:eek:

Back