What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Four missing holes?

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
The plans state that there are four holes in the F-788 gusset and F-706 bulkhead that need drilled using the FWD top skin as the guide. Uhhhhhh... I did not find these four holes while drilling. The pic below shows all of the holes in F-788 and they were all there already. Anyone else notice this while doing their top skins or am I missing something?

Capture by Jereme Carne, on Flickr

Missing holes

I ran into several places on the fuse where steps were already done. I just said a silent thank you and moved on. I don't remember that one though.
If you want some extra holes, feel free to drive down and take some. :D

Consider yourself lucky. When we built back in the late '80s our kit came with NO holes whatsoever. Not even lightning holes in the ribs.

Consider yourself lucky. When we built back in the late '80s our kit came with NO holes whatsoever. Not even lightning holes in the ribs.

That way they could charge you more, since you were getting more aluminum....:p

Haha very good guys, just thought I would make sure I wasn't missing something.

On a side note, sometimes I wish holes weren't drilled, like those dang rear fuselage bulkheads that no one in this world seems to get lined up properly. :D

That way they could charge you more, since you were getting more aluminum....:p

Yeah, that's how I got rich. Selling all that scrap aluminum.

I am sure glad back when I built that we did not have to make our own aluminum.

Back