What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ztron Gone?

YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
I wired my plane for lights and strobes from Ztron Labs. Decided today that I probably oughta order them just in case they go out of business like so often happens. Turns out I was a bit too late with the idea and they seem to no longer be selling anything.

Does anybody know of any similarly priced options? I am sure the AeroLeds are great, but I'd much rather put that kind of money in my engine fund.

Chris

Well, that's a shame... I have a set of their wingtip and tail LED lights. They seem to be good products, well designed and constructed. Guess I'll find out when I'm finished building and start flying. Their web site and marketing was not-so-great, which seems to be a real problem for a lot of guys. Great ideas, great products, no clue how to market and sell them.

I'll install and use mine -- if they ever need to be replaced I'll probably build my own. And you might try contacting them just in case they have a set or two left you could buy.

Ztron status

I emailed Ztron about their status.

Warren wrote back to say they were moving and would be temporarily shut down. He said to look for them in about 3 months.

I have the lights and strobes from Ztron Labs. Anyone have an update on their status? Their web page indicates they could be operating again in spring. Be a shame if they went, the gear is good.

ZTron Labs Landing lights wiring diagram

I've been using these landing lights for 2 years and unfortunately they've both stopped working.

Since they've both quit, I've been working to trace circuits to see if something's come apart, but no luck so far...

My next step is to try the lights from a known power source, but I seem to have misplaced my wiring diagram. I really don't want to let any smoke out.

The website is still online but is blank...

Does anyone who has purchased these landing lights happen to have a wiring diagram they could scan and PM to me? It would sure be appreciated...

I'm pretty sure that I purchased mine before the change. They are wired in parallel. Mainly need to be sure which wires to use to test them individually...

FLYLEDS Option

Hi,

We have a new supplier that provides a very high quality light kit called Flyleds (www.flyleds.com) and is a poster here on the forum.

Have a chat to Paul regarding options. You may find a solution you are looking for.

I have a kit (as many others do) and they are great.

Thanks to JBRV7 for a wiring diagram.

I tested the lights and confirmd that they are both dead after 2 years and about 170 hrs.

Oh well, I have ordered some AeroLED microsuns which are about the same size and shape. Unfortunately about twice the price... Should have got em to start with... Live and learn!!!

I had trouble with mine too. Contacted Warren and he replaced both, but that was a while ago and I don't imagine he has a ton of old stock to keep doing that. I suspect the reason he isn't selling currently is because the design isn't nearly robust enough. Mine are all working for now, but I suspect I'll be replacing them eventually.

And, totally off topic, something I hadn't thought of before; Warren...... from Ztron...... Now I can't get "Werewolves of London" out of my head!

Back