What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Noob

wirejock

Well Known Member
Hello folks.
I've been studying everything I can find on this web site, EAA and with experienced builders.
I finally got to the point where I could start my 7 but this is all so new.
I've built all sorts of projects from all furniture in our house to complete auto restoration
Unfortunately nothing prepared me for aluminum and riveting.
I bought the tool box kit to get my feet wet and I'm not very proud of the result. I know I can do this but need some time with an experienced builder to learn instead of messing up my tail.
Is there anyone near Estes Park, CO building? I'll buy lunch.

Try a Workshop?

Larry, if you can't find a local mentor, you might consider taking an EAA SportAir workshop, or one of the other RV builder workshops offered around the country. That would at least get you started and/or confirm what you've already learned on the toolbox. A local mentor, though, is invaluable, so keep putting feelers out.

Larry,
There is a whole group of some of the best builders anywhere in the Denver - Boulder area. Look up the group - RV Builders & Flyers of Colorado, on Facebook. It is a pretty active group with get-togethers and fun! If you are in the Glenwood Springs area, come on by and see my build. I will not be able to show you my toolbox, it has been used as scrap!!

Best of luck with your build.

Mentor

Rockwood
Thanks. I've got their FB page. I missed the last get together. Maybe next time. I will look you up if we travel that direction.

Bob
That's what I need. I will send an e-mail with my info.
I am on the hangar waiting list @ KFNL.

Back