What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall forward oil/fuel fittings

Joe Casey

I got started on my FWF kit last week, and there are numerous mentions of NO teflon tape on the hose ends with pipe fittings... I have a can (from Aircraft Spruce) of "EZ Turn", a viscous sticky gel, made by United... has anybody any experience with this product on the pipe fittings where oil and fuel are being run?

EZ Turn is good, as is Loctite 567. Some folks also like Permatex #2. I'm sure there are others. I'd gladly use EZ Turn if that's what I had on hand.

Joe,

I used EZ-Turn on all of my threaded fittings and have had no problems in past 4 1/2 yrs of flying.

YMMV
Bill

I got started on my FWF kit last week, and there are numerous mentions of NO teflon tape on the hose ends with pipe fittings... I have a can (from Aircraft Spruce) of "EZ Turn", a viscous sticky gel, made by United... has anybody any experience with this product on the pipe fittings where oil and fuel are being run?

Yes this is the proper material for your needs. Also known as fuel lube. EZ Turn/United is just another manufacturer but the product is the same.

Back