What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vans IO-360 Mixture bell crank on an IO-320

ssturges

I got the drawing from Vans for the IO-360 throttle/mixture cable (drawing OP-22) which I did not see included in my FWF IO-320 kit. It has a bell crank to reverse the direction of the mixture which allows you to avoid cutting and making a big bump out in the cowl. Has anyone tried to use the vans parts on an IO-320? The drawing is a little difficult to tell were the bell crank pivot mounts and how that might be different between the IO-320 and IO-360. I have never seen that talked about here. It would nice to avoid the time in doing the trial and error mod to the cowl.

Van?s mixture control from io360 on io320

Surprised this hasn?t been answered. I have an io360 in my 9A. I would be surprised at any difference in the mixture control between the two. Someone who know more may step in here.
RV 9A Bill

I built my own brackets and changed cable routing to avoid using a bell crank. My 9A has an IO360 with Superior cold sump and forward facing Bendix injection.

My engine builder purposely ordered a "reversed" mixture control for the injector body. The lever is above the intake and no bell crank needed. This is for a vertical induction IO-320.

Back