What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Liberty Hill Air Ranch

GaryK

Well Known Member
Friend
My wife and I are interested in purchasing or building a hangar in the Austin area. Our son lives in Austin so we'd like to be closer for a couple of months in the winter. We live on an Air Park in Michigan so our perfect situation would be to have a nice size hangar with a 1,200 ft mezzanine for an apartment.

Liberty Hill Air Ranch seems to be getting started with the development of the airport which includes hangar lots on and off the runway. From what I read this has been kind of on again off again for several year. Does anyone have any information that flies or lives in that area.

Thanks
Gary

I've driven by the airport and it seems to be a nice place. I also fly over it often, it have never landed there. I see them advertise locally, so the project must be going forward.

Their web site is a bit optimistic claiming 30 minutes to the 360 bridge. Maybe at night with no traffic! The area is out in the country. Liberty Hill is growing significantly, though.

I, too, am interested in it. I've spoken several times to the developer and have flown in a couple of times. I can see the potential but there really isn't much happening there yet and that's been my only concern. I'm still interested though. As Henry said, it's a growing area with a lot of things to do close by. Very nice lakes, nice towns with great restaurants and shopping not too far away.

Last edited:
Henry and Chris,
Thanks for the info. I have not flown down there yet but have had many emails and a few discussion with Frank. He mentioned the taxiway between Phase 1 lots is scheduled to be constructed. I'll feel better about the project once that is nearing completion. I also spoke with Randy about the hangars, his company Kirk Airport Solutions is the firm doing the design work.

Gary

My wife and I flew in a couple of months ago and met with the developer. Seems like a nice guy and they have a detailed plan. There is some beautiful land around it. We decided against it as we want our hanger at our house and the lots they are selling right now are just hanger sized. You can do a condo in it but that does not appeal to us.

Back