What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How late can one leave the aft-fuselage attach

jwoolard

I will be building in a very restricted space (about 15 feet square), and was wondering: how late is it possible to leave the aft fuselage attach (section 30)?

Ideally I would build the empennage kit and put it in storage, then build the wings and store them, then build the forward fuselage and complete as much as possible of the finishing kit. Then finally join it all together in a hangar at the airport.

Would it be possible to mount the gear and the engine and get most of the panel done before attaching the aft-fuselage, followed by the wings? I simply don't have enough length in the garage to attach the aft fuselage to the forward fuselage.

The window would of course need to be left until the end, but could the roll bar and canopy be completed?

As long as you understand all the steps and not miss any you should be able to get quite far before needing to assemble both parts. My problem is retention of information and I would end up too far along and needing to did-assemble something to assemble something that should already have been assembled.

Back