What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop. gov. flexible oil line - pic. req.

Put mine over the top away from the exhaust like this:

Has been working great so far!

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

No tight bends required using this route....

Great idea - I hadn't thought of that direction. :)

It also seems to be easier passing through the baffles.

It is a pretty tight bend at the aft side of the sump---unless you get creative.
Tom

Tom,

What are the relative costs of the Teflon integral firesleeve hose vs. a SS steel one (a copy of Lycoming's very expen$ive one) bent by you?

Last edited:
Case bolts

Brantel
When the case bolts are used, what is the torque setting to put them back in and do you use slightly longer bolts due to the thickness of the clamp? Any issue with the case seal leaking?

Brantel
When the case bolts are used, what is the torque setting to put them back in and do you use slightly longer bolts due to the thickness of the clamp? Any issue with the case seal leaking?

I used the standard bolt torque from the rebuild manual. I did use the next notch longer bolt but I am not sure that would be necessary. I added a washer under the clamp because of the relieve cut in the case. I have a narrow deck engine and they are machined a bit differently than the newer style.

No case leaks at all.

Gil---integral teflon, whether 124J or 101 Stratoflex is still more expensive than stainless rigid tube, by alot. Someone with your talent can make a bent rigid stainless tube for probably $30.00, verses $150-$175 for integral teflon.
Tom

Gil---integral teflon, whether 124J or 101 Stratoflex is still more expensive than stainless rigid tube, by alot. Someone with your talent can make a bent rigid stainless tube for probably $30.00, verses $150-$175 for integral teflon.
Tom

I have an old, somewhat bent, Lycoming SS tube and I'm not sure if my talent extends to forming that tubing.

It seems to be pretty heavy wall and I'm not sure if my simple aluminum bending tools will do a good job... :)

Gil,

I have used standard tube bending and flaring tools on .035 wall SS material with very satisfactory results. It takes more physical effort, but lubrication helps a bunch.

Keep as many bends to cardinal angles as you can and it will be easier than you think.

I have an old, somewhat bent, Lycoming SS tube and I'm not sure if my talent extends to forming that tubing.

It seems to be pretty heavy wall and I'm not sure if my simple aluminum bending tools will do a good job... :)

We see the SS line advertised here on the forum at times, maybe sent out an inquiry? Larry

Gil,

I bought a new O-360 engine from Mattituck for a project a few years ago and because I bought an electric pitch prop, I pulled off the SS line and boost pump. They have been sitting in my hangar unmolested ever since. Would be happy to send it to you and if it works, pay me what you think it is worth.

flex line

photos. 320 hrs. it's a tight fit but seems to be OK so far. concorde style battery box is on left hand side.

IMG_20150704_165805.jpg

IMG_20150704_165946.jpg

IMG_20150704_165843.jpg

IMG_20150704_165957.jpg

IMG_20150704_165902.jpg

IMG_20150704_165915.jpg

IMG_20150704_170006.jpg

IMG_20150704_170021.jpg

IMG_20150704_170059.jpg

IMG_20150704_170128.jpg

Last edited:
Gil,

I bought a new O-360 engine from Mattituck for a project a few years ago and because I bought an electric pitch prop, I pulled off the SS line and boost pump. They have been sitting in my hangar unmolested ever since. Would be happy to send it to you and if it works, pay me what you think it is worth.

Craig,

Please check your email - the one that is registered with VAF.... thanks

Back