What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Trim Wedge / Tab

Daniel S.

Well Known Member
Hey guys-
I have to make a decision here today... I'm working on my rudder this week. About 85% of the -7s I've seen out there have a rudder trim wedge or tab to induce slight right rudder. I'm thinking I should go ahead and follow suite and rivet a tab in the trailing edge while I'm building. Are there any opinions / ideas on this topic.

Thanks
D

I think most install these after or during test flights. I do not have one on my RV7 and haven't needed one

Thanks for the info guys! That is a great piece if needed at all. I'll wait till flight testing to anything if needed. Gotta love duct tape!

On the -3 project, we used a wedge piece from Avery Tools, and trimmed it incrementally until we got what we needed, using 300 mph tape each time. We left it off when it went to the paint shop so that the rudder will be fully painted underneath where the tab will go, (they are painting the tab separately), in case we change something later on.

Back