What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free A20 Cord Plug Type Change

f14av8r

Well Known Member
Kudos to Bose for excellent customer service!

I have an A20 headset that's about 2 years old. While at Sun N Fun, I visited their booth and decided I'd prefer to have the 6 Pin LEMO / Bose plug instead of the Dual Plug GA plugs that I bought the headset with. I plan to use their Headset Install Connector kit to put a LEMO jack on the panel (wires directly off the back of the Dual Plug Jacks). This will allow me to pull power from the airplane for the headset. They also sell a LEMO to Dual Plug adapter in case I want to use the A20 in another airplane that doesn't have the LEMO jacks.

All that to say this. When I called Bose to ask about my options I was pleasantly surprised when their representative said they would change out the existing cable FOR FREE! They are sending me a replacement cable with the LEMO plug and a postage paid return label to send back my current cable. All no charge to me.

Of note, Bose also has a cable upgrade program available right now that will allow you to upgrade your older (non-streaming) bluetooth cable or even upgrade a non-bluetooth cable to bluetooth for only $200. www.boseaviation.com/cable

I really appreciated Bose replacing / upgrading my cable for me at no charge. Now THAT'S the kind of customer support I expect when I buy a $1000 headset!

Kudos to Bose for excellent customer service!

Now THAT'S the kind of customer support I expect when I buy a $1000 headset!

Couldn't agree more Randy. The amount of use (and abuse) my A20 took from the day of introduction is unbelievable. Stepped on control box cracked it, lost an ANR feature in right ear due to hard drop, opened the canopy with plugs attached bent them you name it. The fix was always a call away, prompt without hassle, no question asked, not a nickel paid. I converted a dozen buddies into Bose faith all are happy. No affiliation just a happy customer. Go BOSE!!

The cards that they were passing out at SNF say May 7th is the end of the cable upgrade program

Didn't have the card with me when I made the post above. It's actually May 6th. Here's a photo of the card. GNUSE is correct in that the form online says March but, hopefully, this card will get you the deal if you want to take advantage of the program.

i-jZXBsnf-M.jpg

Thanks, I was thinking I had missed out and then you come to save the day.

George

I ordered my new cable on Mar 23, at that time the website showed them in stock. I never received the new cable, called Bose support and was told that the website doesn't accurately reflect whether or not they are in stock. Since then the website has shown out of stock. Good luck.

I ordered my new cable on Mar 23, at that time the website showed them in stock. I never received the new cable, called Bose support and was told that the website doesn't accurately reflect whether or not they are in stock. Since then the website has shown out of stock. Good luck.

I ordered mine two days ago. It arrived today.

wow

did you order it through boseaviation.com/cable? Their website still shows out of stock. Please let me know as I'd love to get one!

Back