Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 03-18-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majuro15 View Post
I have an early set for my 10 and like them, although haven't flown. They do have the upgraded LEDs in them so no noise on the radios. Fitment was great and quality of the glass is awesome. Damien is a stand up guy.
So far so good, Damien called me back within 30 minutes and he knows his products inside out. Glad to hear positive feedback on the company and products.
I guess the 14 uses the same tips as the 10, so it should fit great then.

What did you end up doing about the light holes that comes cut out in the leading edge of both wings?
Old 03-18-2019, 07:48 PM

The 10 doesn’t have precut holes so can’t help you there.
N1017H Reserved
EAA #: 1106970
2019 VAF Dues Paid!
Old 03-18-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coenraad123 View Post
What did you end up doing with the cut outs for the landing lights in your wings?

Can you order your skins without the cut outs or is Van against that?
The kit came with brand new wingtips, specially made to fit the LED modules.

The kit was the fiberglass wingtips themselves with integrated light in the back, fiberglas mounts that the modules mount to, the LED modules, and wiring connectors for the modules.

It was a "bolt on" as it gets I suppose. For me as a non-builder the hardest part was the fiberglass work. The mount needs to be fiberglassed into place inside the wingtip. It was challenging, but I had a friend help who build a glasiar. He thought it was a piece of cake.

Here's a gallery of a few pictures I took. The second picture shows the wingtip, LED module, and mount before they got put in the wingtip. The only thing I didn't get a picture of was the light in the back.

http://n926g.com/p/20171127-ziptips/
Old 03-19-2019, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrcrmatt View Post
The kit came with brand new wingtips, specially made to fit the LED modules.

The kit was the fiberglass wingtips themselves with integrated light in the back, fiberglas mounts that the modules mount to, the LED modules, and wiring connectors for the modules.

It was a "bolt on" as it gets I suppose. For me as a non-builder the hardest part was the fiberglass work. The mount needs to be fiberglassed into place inside the wingtip. It was challenging, but I had a friend help who build a glasiar. He thought it was a piece of cake.

Here's a gallery of a few pictures I took. The second picture shows the wingtip, LED module, and mount before they got put in the wingtip. The only thing I didn't get a picture of was the light in the back.

http://n926g.com/p/20171127-ziptips/

Great job on the plane! I am for sure going with these tips, would like to find out from Van's if I can get leading edges without the cut outs for the lights.
Old 03-20-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coenraad123 View Post
Great job on the plane! I am for sure going with these tips, would like to find out from Van's if I can get leading edges without the cut outs for the lights.

Most RV-10's I've seen do not have a cut-out in the wing leading edge for the lights. I've always assumed if there is a cut-out, that the builder put it there. But, I have not reviewed plans for all of Van's models.