1. Check out my post "Those pesky leading edge rib to spar rivet-conquered!". I can lend you the tooling you will see.
2. Make sure you build a jig that is square, level, and true. Will need little jack stands to level up the center, as per instructions.
3. Get a couple little rubber grommets to help with squeezing. 2 each of the 1/8" and 3/16". Use them on the shop heads when squeezing.
4. If you have not bought a pneumatic squeezer yet, now is the time. You will have to squeeze a bunch of 1/8" rivets...they will kill you if hand squeezing.
5. 2 tungsten bucking bars...the long 4" one, and the short stubby one.
6. Get one extra countersinking bit, one each of the 3/32, and 1/8". You'll have huge number holes to countersink.
7. MAJOR TIP: (frustrating this is not been revised in Vans instructions). Note this!...on the fuel tanks...there are 4 long rows of rivets on the tank's baffle, that Vans instructions say to Countersink. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT countersink these rivets. I did and these look like horse $#!%. Vans says you need to countersink to help with assembly. Absolute BS. DIMPLE THESE. Trust me!!!!
8. 12" Offset Rivet Set. For the rivets on the wink skins.
I think that's it, besides the tools you should already have from your tail kit.
If I think of anything special I will get back on here and let you know.
Dan K. RV-8 kit purchased 2014, build started Jan 2018 Slow build Emp. done - March 2018
Slow build Wings done -Oct 2018
QB Fuselage started - Sep 2018
Avionics Panel arrived! - Jan 2019. .Beautiful job Aerotronics!
Still in the fuselage - March 2019.
VAF dues paid!