What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First start, RV-9A alive!

Flying Canuck

Well Known Member
Patron
After fixing a couple small issues discovered while pre-oiling my zero time IO-320, we got it started up for the first time. Does that ever make it feel like an airplane, don't have to make my own airplane noises anymore. A couple of minor squawks, lost my oil pressure sensor after start - came back after shutdown, probably a loose connection. I've got a bit of fuel leak at my fuel flow transducer and my #4 CHT sensor is offline. Unfortunately, my left fuel sender is still stuck on empty. The local guy that I had build my engine was pretty pleased with it, so that pleases me lots. Only ran it for a few minutes, we'll give it another start in a few days after fixing the issues we discovered. Planning my final inspection for the week after next and if that goes well, the RV-9 counter will be jumping up by 1 in early July.

amazing

The 9 is just amazing. I love mine and head skyward every week. It surpasses the certified planes I have owned over the last 40 years. I won't be going back to that side of aviation in this lifetime.
Cheers---- KL7KA (Ketchikan, Alaska) back in early days.
Have fun with first flight hours....

Back