What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2015 Oshkosh Social

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor

2015 Oshkosh RV Social​
Monday July 20th​
1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE​

Starts When The Airshow Ends​
(Ends When The Kegs Run Dry, or about 10PM)​

The old girl crawled up out of the basement last week and ordered the kegs, so yes, it's on! Come join the Beer Fairy at OSH, on Monday, after the airshow, for one night of libation, tall tales, and outright lies.

The nice folks at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (formerly Nationsair, but still Jenny Estes and the whole gang, see here: http://www.nationair.com/aboutus.php) have again offered their terrific backyard location. Please look for the Gallagher staffers and thank them in some appropriate way. They'll be at 1366 Waukau all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators.

Here's the map. Easy walk from anywhere. It is near the bus center, and parking if you have a car. No parking at the house...don't even think about it (sorry!).

We will not bother with a "How many beers do your want?" poll. Last year we had enough for all. Everyone seemed to like the choices:

New Glarus Spotted Cow (what would Oshkosh be without Spotted Cow?)
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale (for the hop lovers)
Lakefront Fixed Gear (yep, that's the name, a red ale with a kick)

The Beer Fairy's kissing booth business just hasn't worked out, so as usual, she needed a little help to pull this off. Your sponsors are Gallagher (Nationair), Kitplanes Magazine, Barrett Precision Engines, Perry Hill Auto, TruTrak, SteinAir, Walt Aronow at EXP Aircraft Services, Don Pansier at DeltaPop, Tom at TS Flightlines, Darwin at JD Air, and John Walker at AV8R Designs. Thanks to them, the old lady can save her beer budget to buy new underpants.

A big goal here is keeping things simple. We're not getting into food service, or creating setup/clean up issues. The Beer Fairy ain't Martha Stewart. Hungry folks should grab a sandwich on the way to the party. The Sacred Heart brat stand is across the street, just past the bus park, and last year the house next door was selling food and soft drinks.

Serious note..this is an RV owner/builder function. Anyone caught inviting folks for free beer will be spotlighted, stripped naked, smeared with proseal, and rolled in tall grass. Fact is, there is no hard rule about who can attend, and there's no cop at the door....but you can't do an event like this at OSH and issue a general invitation to all. Likewise for those with bad manners. Overall, the Social Rules are the same as VAF Rules, but with beer....keep it RV only, and keep it nice. Screw it up, and it's over.

Be sure to name tag yourself when you arrive. Take home your very own color-changing cup.

That's it. We had a VERY good time last year (http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=112798&highlight=social&page=11), and it should be even better for 2015. Pray for good weather. See you there!

Last edited:
I'd take number 3 but I think I'll still be working the flight line. Maybe after we close down for the night I'll see if anything is left. Have fun!

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't think we'll be there this year. I did, however, just call and buy builder's insurance from Jenny since this thread reminded me that I hadn't done it yet.

We'll try not to be the ones to close down the party and kick out the last stragglers after Dan has had a few too many this time :).

Thanks Sponsors

My wife had more fun at this than I did.

She digs pilots, especially if they have a Danish accent. And last years event was a global RV bash.

I have no idea what I'm getting into. I dont drink, but will be good to put names and faces together. i'm certain that someone or 2 or alot of you can consume my portion.
Tom

Will be there and I am planning to bring a brand new RV guy with me. He just finished his 10 and I shouldn't say this but he only has one arm! The workmanship is perfect!

First time to Oshkosh so couldn't pass this up. I'll be the one with a Scottish accent, not Danish! Close enough?:D

Me too

I will be there again this year. I think I vaguely remember walking back to the campground last year. It was fun and looking forward to this year.

JD Air is in

Dan,

JD Air is in for sponsorship again. Look forward to it.

Double up on Spotted Cow from last year!!!

At last, I will be able to attend this event... and since I'm actually (and finally) building my RV-8, I'll feel like I truly belong. Looking forward to it very much!

All the way from OZ

Planning to be there with my wife. All the way from Australia! Look forward to meeting you all and tasting some local beer. Would not have been able to get so far along on the RV7 build without VAF!

A last minute disaster derailed my plans for my first Oshkosh last year-gonna try again this year. See you there!

Timely email from UW Oshkosh with the news that my A/C room waiting
list number had come up. A few SWA points later and my son and I
are in (this helps support him hanging out with dad because the
beer budget is bigger!).

Looking forward to seeing old friends.

Yepper....

Didn't make it in till Wednesday last year, so gonna do my best to be there for Monday's Moo juice!

OK, the Beer Fairy wants to thank her sponsors, and you should too. We're now fully subscribed.

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (formerly Nationair, Jenny Estes and the gang)
Kitplanes Magazine (some retired guy named Paul Dye)
Barrett Precision Engines (the Barrett twins, Rhonda and Allen ;))
Perry Hill Auto (never mind)
TruTrak (Andrew, Lucas, and the gang)
SteinAir (Stein and the usual suspects)
EXP Aircraft Services (Walt The Wise)
DeltaPop (Don Pansier, king of transponder antennas)
TS Flightlines (Tom Swearengen, the hose man)
JD Air (Darwin and Jason -> the tailwheel with little balls)
AV8R Designs (John Walker -> RV10 stuff!)

Last edited:
OK, the Beer Fairy wants to thank her sponsors, and you should too. We're now fully subscribed.

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co (formerly Nationair, Jenny Estes and the gang)
Kitplanes Magazine (some retired guy named Paul Dye)
Barrett Precision Engines (the Barrett twins, Rhonda and Allen ;))
Perry Hill Auto (never mind)
TruTrak (Andrew, Lucas, and the gang)
SteinAir (Stein and the usual suspects)
EXP Aircraft Services (Walt The Wise)
DeltaPop (Don Pansier, king of transponder antennas)
TS Flightlines (Tom Swearengen, the hose man)
JD Air (Darwin and Jason -> the tailwheel with little balls)
AV8R Designs (John Walker -> RV10 stuff!)

THANKS TO THESE SPONSORS !!!!!!!

Will be there with the chest waders:rolleyes:
Boomer and builder brother Mike.

Back