What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Wish List---How Long Do We Have to Wait

logansc

Well Known Member
Here’s what I want and have been waiting on forever:

1. PMag for six cylinder Lycomings. How long has it been now?

2. TruTrak Genesis AP 780/880 autopilot. How long has it been now #2?

3. AnywhereMap with ADSB-In. I want ADSB weather on my AnywhereMap PC based display. I have a Stratus/iPad Mini combo but not much room to use it. My AnywhereMap based nav software is hosted on a nice Levil PC display right in the middle of my panel. Why can’t I have weather and traffic on it instead of having to pick up my iPad from off the floor (to say nothing of the cost)!

And speaking of fresh wonders in a world of unicorn milk and free rainbow stew:

1. Driver’s license medical for private pilots
2. Your list goes here...

Lee...

List is probably too long to post here--------But---
enough $$$ to build my RV---Lee how long has it been??
A beautiful woman to share life and the RV with----How long has that been??
Retire so I can devote more time to my business AND my RV---getting close.
Second thought--The beautiful woman WOULD be the RV
Tom

Last edited:
Waitin on a high wing utility 4place quick build RV. Come on Vans. The people want it. How long is it gonna take??????

That niche is well filled by the Glastar Sportsman 2+2. Van does not need to build an also-ran.

My unicorn wish is for an alternate engine that beats an IO-360 Lyc in all performance measures. It has yet to happen in my 44 years of experimental observation.

Last edited:
I have no interest in a high wing anything, but right now I'd auction off a body part for the 3rd class medical to go away for some more meaningful flying. I have a special this week on coronary arteries, with special added reinforcement. :)

That niche is well filled by the Glastar Sportsman 2+2.
And the Bearhawk.

A matched-hole RV-3.
And that one's pretty much filled by the Panther.

My unicorn wish is for an alternate engine that beats an IO-360 Lyc in all performance measures. It has yet to happen in my 44 years of experimental observation.

I don't want an alternate engine, per se, just a cheaper one...

Sunshine! Geeze, it's been a long time. How much longer do we have to wait? Did I mention I'm from West Michigan?

$$$ Incentives for Small GA Airports

..to get back to "our roots." And while I'm adding to the wish list:

- Respect and appreciation for GA airports
- Respect and appreciation for small GA aircraft at airports (we can't all have jets)
- Respect and appreciation for GA pilots, by the FAA, who supposedly works for us..

Vertical Power to add the fuel totalizer functionality to the VP200 as promised in their documentation.

You guys don't know nuthin' bout wishing...

High Wing, 2 seat, pusher that uses O-200, goes 200 knots and burns 5 gph auto fuel.

Costs less than $50,000 to build with mostly aluminum parts.

"Any what did you learn Dorothy?"

:D

Dr. Raniolo to the rescue for my Special Issuance Med

I got tired of waiting for my special issuance medical and figure out a solution. Bottom line, I got my special issuance medical in ONE DAY in Phoenix. My SI was bogged down in the process caused by the 10 day guv shutdown so I contacted Dr. Raniolo in Phx and asked if he could help. I had an appt the next day and visited Dr. R who is a cardiologist but also sits on several of the boards that affect the FAA process. My paperwork was in order, Dr. R gave me the requisite eye, bp, etc. exams, and one hour later I was out the door with my SI med which was extended two months beyond my birth date. I am certain Dr. R can't help everyone, but when u visit his website and see the Cirrus model of his actual airplane on his desk, you realize that this guy is the real deal.

As soon as daylight broke on the day I got back home, I was up in my RV9A.

http://www.aerospacecardiology.com/

Vertical Power to add the fuel totalizer functionality to the VP200 as promised in their documentation.

Just bringing the VP-200 back would be enough from them for me.

On the high-wing four place, Van's would likely beat both of the others mentioned. The -10 is no 2+2, it's a real 4-place.

The 6-cyl Pmag would definitely be on my list.

I got tired of waiting for my special issuance medical and figure out a solution. Bottom line, I got my special issuance medical in ONE DAY in Phoenix. My SI was bogged down in the process caused by the 10 day guv shutdown so I contacted Dr. Raniolo in Phx and asked if he could help. I had an appt the next day and visited Dr. R who is a cardiologist but also sits on several of the boards that affect the FAA process. My paperwork was in order, Dr. R gave me the requisite eye, bp, etc. exams, and one hour later I was out the door with my SI med which was extended two months beyond my birth date. I am certain Dr. R can't help everyone, but when u visit his website and see the Cirrus model of his actual airplane on his desk, you realize that this guy is the real deal.

As soon as daylight broke on the day I got back home, I was up in my RV9A.

http://www.aerospacecardiology.com/

Was this an initial issue or a AASI renewal?

Flying Moller Skycar. Been waiting decades now...
He claims on a radio interview that the latest wankel rotary engines they have developed yield 3HP per pound.

My wish 'should' be an easy one.

A Spinner that will suit a Catto prop and a Showplanes Cowl (15") for my -8.

I can't seem to find one.

Wishin' and Hopin'

Paul.

Last edited:
O-320 Panther Sport?

Having flown both, the Panther is a wonderful little airplane, but it is not an RV-3.....

Hi Paul - I enjoyed your article in Kitplanes about the Panther as well as your observations on the single vs two-seat markets.

You flew the 100hp Panther LSA model. Might the Panther Sport with a 160hp O-320 or even 180-200hp UL Power out front perform similarly to the RV-3? Or, are the flying characteristics so different that more power and a shorter wing still won't touch the -3? I know Dan is hoping you'll return once Bob Wooley has his Panther Sport complete.

I wish...
  • Van's produced a matched-hole, folding wing version of the RV-3 for us first-time builders with limited hangar options, or
  • The Panther Sport was a mature product and proven to be a great alternative to the RV-3.

My compromise will be the proven RV-8 that will be more expensive to build and hangar, but easier for a first-time builder and might convince the wife that she really does enjoy flying! :D

Chris

..to get back to "our roots." And while I'm adding to the wish list:

- Respect and appreciation for GA airports
- Respect and appreciation for small GA aircraft at airports (we can't all have jets)
- Respect and appreciation for GA pilots, by the FAA, who supposedly works for us..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS!!!!!

Anti aging pill so no one needs to worry about the medical thing. :D

Lots of clinics (in CA especially) are working on anti-aging treatments. There's some interesting stuff in the pipe but right now it's mostly just injecting you with hormones. Oh well, might as well die ripped, right?

My wish list (beyond what I've quoted):

-That Synergy make good on their promises and built an airplane that holds 6 and flies 200KTAS+ for <6GPH without breaking the bank or a reasonable skill level.

-Modular avionics, so every couple years we can swap out screens quickly and easily as they get outdated.

-More and cheaper options for high-efficiency diesel powerplants.

Waitin on a high wing utility 4place quick build RV. Come on Vans. The people want it. How long is it gonna take??????

I couldn't agree more! The Sportsman and Bearhawk are just too slow in crews and really don't land all that slow.

With Van's reputation, a highwing would sell rather well, I believe.

RV-15 Baby!!

For the all-metal, high-wing wishers . . . Doug showed there is interest in his RV-15 concept. Just sayin . . .

If folks in the kitplane industry are serious about trying to revitalize aviation by getting new people involved, then they've got to have a product where the cost of entry is on par with a nice motorcycle, watercraft, or other recreational product; and the time to build is on par with the RV-12 or Zenith CH-750s. RV-15 fits that I think!

For a 4-place high-wing, there's also the CH-801 STOL from Zenith, but it's slow and not terribly attractive. (Still wouldn't mind having one someday!).

And having also flown both, I disagree :) Not fair to compare a 160+ hp CS RV-3 to a fixed pitch 100 hp Panther.

Tony

You're absolutely correct - not a fair comparison. We'll both have to try the 160 HP Panther when its flying!

And, of course, in many ways, the RV-3 is no Panther. Comparing airplanes is fairly fruitless....

Last edited:
Back