What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spider Poop

Mark Jackson

Patron
House flooded during Harvey, wings sat in the garage covered for six months. Spiders had a field day. There is spider poop inside the wing. The surfaces are painted with epoxy zinc-chromate primer. The recommended way to clean the poop is with bleach or vinegar. Not keen to use either where it may seep in.

Anyone have recommendations?

I've noticed the occasional groupings of spider quano on my bare, unpainted parts. WD-40 and a paper towel or shop cloth worked well for me. And it probably provides some protection.

I'll need to degrease before painting.

Dish soap, water and a scrubber should take care of any organic residues. Why is bleach or vinegar recommended?

Water ... just water!

May bit is different poo from what the spider eat. We have some spidern in the hangar roof, so the dropping ends on the plane.

To get them off, we tryed different solvents. In the end it worked best with just plain water! Take wet rag, place it over the area for a moment and then start circling until they?re off.

I used Dawn dish washing soap in the end. Mixed with water 1/4 then soak a paper towel in it and leave it on the surface. Come back about 20 min later and then it cleaned up pretty well.

Back