What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Builder Knoxville, TN Area

RABauer

I'm New Here
Well, here?s another new member/new builder announcement for everyone.

I?m just outside the Knoxville area, and have finally put a start to my desire to build an airplane. My RV-8 empennage kit arrived Tuesday, so after an inventory (once I get home from my work trip) the fun really begins. It?s still sinking in that I finally started, but this has always and will always be about the journey as much as the finished airplane. I?m looking forward to lots of learning.

I?ll share some more on the progress as I get my log set up. Anyone in the area feel free to reach out, I?d love to see who?s around and what?s being worked on or is being flown. Questions are surely to follow, but I have to go drive the work airplane around for a little bit today.

Ryan,

Welcome to the club!
I'm just east of you here in Sevierville and have a wealth of knowledge if you ever need it. I have built and have assisted on all models of RV's. Feel free to pm me anytime!

Mike S
Glasair III

Thank you both for the welcome.

Jedimike; thank you for your offer, I imagine I?ll take you up on that at some point. I?m most certainly learning as I go with this, but it?s nice to know where I can reach out when I get stuck.

Ryan,

Welcome! Lots of RV folks in the area. Several of us based out of KMOR or local fields nearby.

Lots of RV builders in K-Town as well.

Brian,

Thanks for the info. I see in your signature a link to EAA Chapter 1494, been to a few of the Chapter 17 meetings when my work schedule allows but I may have to come out and visit you guys at some point as well.

Back