What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Borrow Prop for o-320 7/16" bolts needed at Tampa executive

William

Well Known Member
Hi all I'm trying to finish the last item before inspection and first flight of my rv6a. My engine has a pretty severe vibration and I believe it's the prop. Before I tear into the engine I would like to test a different prop. The current prop is a aluminum sensenich prop bought off of this website and was said to be new but no paper work was included as he also purchased It second hand. Anyone fairly local to Tampa that has a spare prop that I could bolt one for one quick engine start? The carb I believe is setup properly as I can idle the engine and pull the mixture to idle cutoff and see a 40rpm rise. The engine is a o-320 with 7/16" prop bolts.

Thanks
Bill

Is there someone there who can balance your prop for you? It. Made a huge difference in our Sensenich prop.

Is there someone there who can balance your prop for you? It. Made a huge difference in our Sensenich prop.

I definitely plan on getting the prop dynamic balance but Before I do that I want to make sure everything's A-OK inside the engine.

Thanks
Bill

Sensenich's wood prop shop is in Plant City - Maybe they have one sitting around you can try? I have an O-320 Sensi but with 3/8 bolts...

http://www.sensenich.com/contact

Chris

Hi Chris I figured such as well. Unfortunately they didn't have anything laying around to use. They will overhaul the prop for a $625 fee. They will dimensionally check the prop and statically balance it for a bit less which I will be doing if I don't get lucky and find a test prop. Thanks for the suggestion.

Best regards
Bill

Back