What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

battery

bill v

Well Known Member
in my rv-4 I have always used a concord rg-25 battery when I took the old one in to recycle the battery shop told me a wheel chair battery was the same. anyone know

Batteries.

Bill

I can't answer you question but my Concord failed within 10 hours of installation. I swapped it to an Oddessy PC 680 saving 10 lbs in weight.

I fitted it as far forward in the battery box as I could across the fuselage, so was able to shorten the cables saving weight too. Recently I fitted a lithium battery on my Yamaha FJR, which is the same size as the 680 but again half the weight.

I am really impressed by the cranking power of the lithium and the way it holds its charge despite constantly powering the alarm system. When it comes to time for a new battery for my 4 I will probably go lithium I am so impressed.

Weight savings more cranking power, the technology is getting better.

Just food for thought for you.

Batteries plus has a sealed battery the same size as a g-25 and about 90 bucks. I've only replaced mine 1 time in 13 years.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82tb

I also installd a lifepo4 battery.
EarthX from Spruce.
Still not flown. However, cranchking is good!

Batteries Plus for me

I use the G-25 clone (Powered Wheel Chair) from Batteries Plus. I ran my first one 6 years, never a glitch. I just replaced it as a precautionary, but the old one now resides in my John Deere mower and still kicking.

Back