What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

w-1025A flap hinge brackets - how flat is flat?

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
On page 14-03 it says to make the W-1025A flap hinge brackets flat. Two of mine were very nearly flat on arrival so a little adjustment and I'm satisfied. The third and fourth ones have complex bends in them. One I got very nearly flat and am satisfied. The fourth one though I can't get it there - it won't lay table flat.

But - it is within 1/32" end to end. Is that flat enough? I asked Vans yesterday but haven't heard yet. I've spent a lot of time on it getting it that good. If it isn't good enough I'm thinking of ordering another and trying to hope I get a better one next time.

Not flat enough

Thought mine were flat until I put the bearings in. 3 of the 4 were binding. One I flattened them out they worked ok

Not flat enough

Thought mine were flat until I put the bearings in. 3 of the 4 were binding. One I flattened them out they worked ok
Caapt, how did you go about flattening them once they were mounted? Or did you notice the binding before they were permanently installed?

Back