What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GX Pilot Settings

macrafic

Well Known Member
The documentation for the GX Pilot does not suggest an initial setting for the VRT and LAT Activity. I understand that these will need to be adjusted appropriately once I am testing the autopilot in the air. But, what is a good starting point?

The documentation for the GX Pilot does not suggest an initial setting for the VRT and LAT Activity. I understand that these will need to be adjusted appropriately once I am testing the autopilot in the air. But, what is a good starting point?

macrafic,

I think this post has what you are after for initial settings. To do a thorough installation checkout and fine tune the settings we would recommend going through the steps in the installation manual starting with Section 34.4.8.3 (Rev AB) which covers the initial ground setup.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1145296&postcount=5

Regards,
Brian

GX Pilot Autopilot Starting Settings

The numbers Brian referred to are for a different configuration. For the GX Pilot, I received the following STARTING settings from G3X support, for those of you who need/want the same information.

LAT ACTIVITY - 3
LAT TORQUE - 12
BAUD RATE - determined by your GPS (in my case, 9600)
BANK ANGLE - MED
GPSS GAIN - 16
MICROACTIVITY - 0
YAW DAMPER - N, unless TruTrak yaw damper installed

PITCH AXIS - Y, if pitch servo installed
VRT ACTIVITY - 2
VRT TORQUE - 12
MIN AS - 65
MAX AS - 180
STATIC LAG - 0
MICROACTIVITY - 0
HALF STEP - N