What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FatBoy Throttles

ColdLakeTim

I'm New Here
Does anyone have Andy's email at FatBoy Aircraft Controls, their website is screwed up, also Facebook a mess.....He was thinking of reproducing the ole L-19 throttle quadrant, which I think is a good idea for my Yahoo Groups' A/C

CldLk-Tim
[email protected] :cool:

Status

I chatted with Andy less than a week ago and he is very tied up with work, coaching, etc. He said he hopes to get back to it, but doesn't know when that will be.

His throttles are made through Mark Fredrick, who is the F-1 Boss. Andy would then put his special throttle grip on there. If anybody needs a new one of these throttles (without the FatBoy grip on it), let me know because I know someone who has one for $185.

Not good news, but I hope that helps. Dave

latest & greatest

Hey Fellas:

My vendor is trying to change our quadrant from aluminum to Delrin. There appear to be many traps in this change-over! The end product will be completely corrosion proof (SS and plastic), which will be a bonus. I think we can get Andy to make up the throttle levers with his grips, if I can get the rest of it produced. Might have a prototype this week, but I say that to myself every week....ugh.

More later.
Mark

Hey Fellas:

My vendor is trying to change our quadrant from aluminum to Delrin. There appear to be many traps in this change-over! The end product will be completely corrosion proof (SS and plastic), which will be a bonus. I think we can get Andy to make up the throttle levers with his grips, if I can get the rest of it produced. Might have a prototype this week, but I say that to myself every week....ugh.

More later.
Mark

Any luck getting a proto together?

flight control grips

That new grip can house 3 switches and is a little "fatter" over all. Original ("A15") is still available for the throttle quadrants, but I really like the new one for flight control grips -- it allows for a flight grip base (hand rest), which I've just added per some feedback over on the homebuilt forum. The new one, ("Romeo") fits on the throttle quadrants as well and/or the throttle quadrant grips.

As always, I'll take any feedback -- it helps when ordering parts / switches.

Question for the day: I am getting ready to order some mini-rocker (miniature momentary toggles vs. full size toggles on the original "A15" fatboy grips). I imagine a decent amount of builders will want this for flap control. If you had to choose a color for the cap, which would it be? Is there a protocol here? Yellow, Red, Black? Also, there are a couple styles I'm looking at for the cap on this particular switch -- there is a "jog" style that is a lower profile slight mound that is knurled, and the other is more of a toggle/rocker style.

Just curious --

Andy

Last edited:
Back