What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

McMaster-Carr Seal - How much to trim bottom of cabin top door opening?

ERushing

Well Known Member
Hi Team,

I've searched but haven't found anything definitive on this. What should be "height" of the lip on the bottom of the cabin top door opening. I've seen some reference to 3/4". Is that the consensus?

It's clear that the sides should be trimmed to 1" and the top should be ~1 1/4".

Can someone share what they've successfully done?

Thanks!

Seal

Hey, I just measured my seal and with the seal installed it is about an inch to the top of the seal. Somewhere between 3/4" and 7/8" should work for the flange. If you go shorter and use the planearound latch, the delrin angle will protrude above the seal...

I have a couple of pictures.

IMG_0706_zpsxaz6aczb.jpg.html

http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/rocketman1988/media/IMG_0705_zpspabvaxa6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Just measured mine and it's 3/4"... now I haven't done the doors or anything else so no clue if it will work. If it doesn't work then I guess I'll mix up some more epoxy and milled fibers..

How did you get the photos to appear?

I opened your link, then I did ctl-click (right click for windows) on the photo - there is a selection that says "copy image" - - do that it will store the link address to memory, then go back to your post and click the mountain icon above. Then just CTL-V ( to paste: I use CMD-V on a mac) to save in the box - overwrite any text what was there already.

You should be good to go. Use preview to see if the image shows up.

If it does not make sense, I will post some pictures.

Back