What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

C/S Prop - Best Pricing?

DougCronkhite

Anyone know who has the best pricing on either the Hartzell Blended or Whirlwind 200RV prop? Also curious on availability. I'm told the WW is a LONG wait.. Is that true of the Hartzell as well?

Thx..

Anyone know who has the best pricing on either the Hartzell Blended or Whirlwind 200RV prop? Also curious on availability. I'm told the WW is a LONG wait.. Is that true of the Hartzell as well?

Thx..

Best pricing on a Hartzell Constant Speed prop is direct from Van's Aircraft. Over the past 25-years, I have been unable to find anyone that can match Van's price on a new prop.

Agree with Gary. Vans price on the blended airfoil Hartzell was $8400 about a year ago. When my (former) partner sat the plane up on its nose and destroyed it on his very first engine start, 16 hours into phase 1, and I tried to order a new one from Vans, the normal retail price I would have to pay was $12,300 - you only get one OEM price per serial number at Vans. I found a prop shop near me that could get me the same new Hartzell for $9400 with a 3 week lead time. I ordered a Whirlwind 200RV instead ($8800) and was told it would take 8 weeks. It actually ended up taking about 4 months. Fortunately I had a borrowed Hartzell I used while I waited. If you?re going to get a Whirlwind order way early.

Thanks for the replies.. I have the Sensenich FP right now. I spend 8 months out the country per year roughly so time isn't a pressing thing.. I still have the OEM price available from Vans, but I admit I like the light weight of the WW for balance help...

The HRT is for 200 hp plus. The new 190 or 300 series depending on who's name goes should be ready for April. My money is paid for one of these new beauties! They are 3 blade for 150 to 190 hp. 37 lb installed weight

Last edited:
Back