What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Synergy Air Fly-in pictures

Joe

Well Known Member
The turnout at Synergy Air in Eugene, OR to see their build assist operation and the RV-12iS was fairly light today due to the rain. But I snapped a few pictures for those that couldn't make it.

Rather than host the pictures, I've uploaded them to an album on imgur (https://imgur.com/a/pIEUS) so you'll have to view/download them there.

Nice pictures. Curious why Vans has all Dynon but them a Garmin comm in the 12? I've read here that some have had issues with the SV-COM-C25.

Nice pictures. Curious why Vans has all Dynon but them a Garmin comm in the 12? I've read here that some have had issues with the SV-COM-C25.

Many people don't realize it but the RV-12 design has now been around for about 10 years.
It started life using the SL-40 radio and when Garmin phased that out a switch was made to the GTR200 (that was still quite a few years before the SV-COM was available).

SV-COM

I have heard good things about the GTR200... is the SV-COM on par with with it now?

I plan on building the 12is EAB and was wondering if going with he integrated SV radios might be simpler and more cost effective option.

Leo

Many people don't realize it but the RV-12 design has now been around for about 10 years.
It started life using the SL-40 radio and when Garmin phased that out a switch was made to the GTR200 (that was still quite a few years before the SV-COM was available).

Great photos.
Finished my tank sealing at Synergy on Thursday, so was't around for the opening.

New owner

Wait, did I read correctly that Wally sold Synergy Air? Hadn't heard that. Hope they keep up the same level of quality in their training classes.

Wait, did I read correctly that Wally sold Synergy Air? Hadn't heard that. Hope they keep up the same level of quality in their training classes.

Wally sold Synergy to Vaden just before I built my -7 empennage there last November. The training then was excellent.

Just came back from sealing my fuel tanks at Synergy and feel the level of excellence is still there.

Back