What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Skyviews

edward7048

Well Known Member
I was told at Oshkosh that van's would have a kit for dual skyviews
for elsa rv-12 by oct. or nov. has anyone heard about this?

I have no knowledge Van's plans for a second one but snapped this picture of the factory RV-12 at a fly-in more than three years ago
and thought I'd share.

Wish I had room for a second one in my RV-8A panel.

RV-12_DualSkyview.jpg

--
Joe

two 10 inch skyviews are supposed to fit in an RV-8 I've been playing with the layout plus a few other things, and can just squeeze it all in.

<thread drift mode ON>

two 10 inch skyviews are supposed to fit in an RV-8 I've been playing with the layout plus a few other things, and can just squeeze it all in.

Yeah, well maybe so but I have radios and other stuff. Heck, I couldn't even fit a 10-inch tablet (e.g. a friend's iPad) in portrait format so I resorted to a 7-inch Android tablet for my second screen. (Now if only someone would help me develop an Android app that would display the SkyView serial port data on that tablet via Bluetooth.)

AutopilotPanelInstalled.jpg

--
Joe

I was told at Oshkosh that van's would have a kit for dual skyviews
for elsa rv-12 by oct. or nov. has anyone heard about this?

I know there's a dual Skyview system as well as dual garmins coming out. I'm in wait mode for them (and have been for a few months). Once they hit the last of my order goes in (engine and avionics)!

Yeah!

Bob

Back