What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynamic Propeller Balancing - Digital

rv3flier

Well Known Member
Multiple searches for dynamic prop balancing in the greater Portland Metro area have turned up nothing -- It's hard to believe that no one is offering that service in such a large area. Has anyone found an FBO or other source in this area that will do digital dynamic prop balancing?

Just to piggy-back on this thread . . . does anybody have any experience with vendors who perform dynamic prop balancing in Florida?

prop balance

Dash Air at TTD does prop balancing and you might try EAA Chapter 105 in Beaverton. You have to be a member and it's free. Membership is $20.

I found out that Twin Oaks Airpark near Tigard and Beaverton has a digital balancer --- they've never done a Rotax and aren't sure if they'll have to make a fixture that's different from the one used on the case bolt for Lyc's and Cont. motors. Also, thanks for the EAA Chapter 105 suggestion -- I used to be a member some years ago.

I found out that Twin Oaks Airpark near Tigard and Beaverton has a digital balancer --- they've never done a Rotax and aren't sure if they'll have to make a fixture that's different from the one used on the case bolt for Lyc's and Cont. motors. Also, thanks for the EAA Chapter 105 suggestion -- I used to be a member some years ago.

They should be able to use their continental bracket and bolt it to the upper gearbox bolt that is open, you will need a metric bolt for rotax which they likely won't have.

Back