What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HS-609PP Radius on Outside Edge

RV701775

In a past thread I had discussed how I over radiused the outside edge of the HS-609PP spar reinforcement bar and I ended up replacing it. I am trying to prevent repeating this mistake, but I am uncertain of how flush is good enough. I have attached pictures and a video that shows how my bar is resting in the spar. There is a slight gap that I can close if I push down with my finger and add pressure, but it will not sit perfectly flush on its own. I also attached a video that provides a better perspective. I am hesitant to take off any more from the outside edge. Any comments on whether this is enough or tricks to bevel this edge better without overdoing it?

https://eaabuilderslog.org/?blproject&proj=7YL1dRvO9&add

That looks good to me. Once it's riveted, everything will be pulled tightly together. As I understand it, the radiusing is to prevent the edge of the reinforcement bars from riding up the curve of the edge of the spar. It looks to me like your bar is well clear of the spar radius.

-Ted

Back