What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aera 660 ADSB warning me about myself.

punkin

Well Known Member
I've got to be missing something, but I can't figure out what.

My Aera 660 connected via bluetooth to my GDL-39 3D keeps warning me about my airplane as traffic.

I have my N number set up properly in my profile on the 660, is there somewhere else I need to put something?.

It seems like somewhere I saw the ability to "ignore" a specific Mode S code, but I can't find it now.

Also, is bluetooth just not a reliable way to connect the two devices? It seems like more often than not, the 660 says "no attitude data" when I'm in 3d vision mode.

Thanks for any insight!

My Aera 660 connected via bluetooth to my GDL-39 3D keeps warning me about my airplane as traffic.

I have my N number set up properly in my profile on the 660, is there somewhere else I need to put something?.

It seems like somewhere I saw the ability to "ignore" a specific Mode S code, but I can't find it now.

Also, is bluetooth just not a reliable way to connect the two devices? It seems like more often than not, the 660 says "no attitude data" when I'm in 3d vision mode.

Thanks for any insight!

I'm not sure what's going on regarding the problem you're having with seeing yourself on ADS-B, but you need to be connected to something with an AHRS for your 3D to function properly. I have my 660 connected to my GTX 345 transponder which allows my 3D and attitude to function properly.

Mark

bluetooth

I have the GDL 39 3D hard wired to my 796 and it has been rock solid. I do remember a while back that the GDL 39 bluetooth to my IOS devices was not that stable and it was fixed with a firmware update to the GDL 39 so you might check your firmware version (I think the current is 4.80)

My 796 does not show my plane as traffic so not sure why your 660 does.

The GDL 39 3D has an AHARS built in but it requires initializing in level flight once in a while as it has a tendency to drift.
Figs

Last edited:
I?ll try firmware for connection

When I used to run the GDL 39 3d just with iPad I had dropouts occasionally...I really thought it was my iPad. I?ll have to bring it home from the hangar and update it, it?s likely several year old firmware. Oops.

The traffic thing is really odd though. Never had that issue with the pilot app, just started when I connected the 39 to the 660.

I also can?t find where in the 660 software I reset the AHRS like I used to do with the iPad. I would have assumed that would be really obvious too.

Sometimes some things get so MUCH functionality, the obvious is right in front of my face and I miss it.

I have the GDL 39 3D hard wired to my 796 and it has been rock solid. I do remember a while back that the GDL 39 bluetooth to my IOS devices was not that stable and it was fixed with a firmware update to the GDL 39 so you might check your firmware version (I think the current is 4.80)

My 796 does not show my plane as traffic so not sure why your 660 does.

The GDL 39 3D has an AHARS built in but it requires initializing in level flight once in a while as it has a tendency to drift.
Figs

Thanks!

I figured it had to be right in front of me somewhere! Thank you!

The "Cage Gyros" button in the 3D Vision Menu resets pitch & roll.

i-KkS4bpw-S.jpg

Thanks for any insight!

Hello Scott,

What kind of transponder is installed in this aircraft? Is the aircraft fully ADS-B Out compliant?

Feel free to contact us directly by phone or email shown below for assistance.

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'll send you an email.

Hello Scott,

What kind of transponder is installed in this aircraft? Is the aircraft fully ADS-B Out compliant?

Feel free to contact us directly by phone or email shown below for assistance.

Thanks,
Steve

Back