What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

"Your best or most awesome picture of your RV sitting on the ground"

N177TD / HKY based JWN

P1200083_zpsd8daxu9j.jpg

I thought I'd posted this here before, but I guess not. I don't fly it. I finished phase one, worked all the bugs out of it and don't feel like working on it anymore. Flying it scares the bejesus outta me. Too fast, too small and I built it. No "RV grin" here. 27 hours on the clock and has been sitting for almost 3 years. Right now it's just nice to look at in the hangar. Finished.

IMG_0112.png

Last edited:
C-GULF

With such a famous photo backdrop it was hard to pick just one!

IMG_0323.jpg.html

IMG_0324.jpg.html

And this one sent to my by a pro that was doing some shooting while I was parked there...kind of looks like a scramble into a P51! (OK if you use your imagination really hard)

IMG_0437.jpg.html

Last edited:
Photo fail

Sorry to say, Brian, but even the photo links are not working. Maybe one of those overpaid moderators can help you out.

Visiting British Columbia mountains.

234c4o.jpg

This is a great photo..... WHY?

Because he took the time to close the canopy, raise the flaps and align the rudder and ailerons. And then he took a picture with an uncluttered background.

how to insert photos

Does anyone know why my photos aren't being inserted into the posts?? It's not just here, but other threads too. I have read and as far as I can tell, following the directions for inserting photos as instructed. Any moderators can help?? Thanks. [ed. Some image hosting sites are easier than others. Google image hosting isn't very easy these days. More at: http://www.vansairforce.net/articles/ImagesInForums/images.htm v/r,dr]

Brian
RV4 N724RV
Dues happily paid

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, sure made me miss KAEG

and the Sandias, and Albuquerque, and New Mexico!!

Bringing my -6A out in June, to visit old friends and climb the La Luz!

Ron

My RV-7, started in 2001, is finally painted and after the recent light snow here in the Twin Cities I took the opportunity to shoot a few pics.

The transformation from unpainted Al and primer grey is pretty amazing.

Paint design by Scheme Designers, Inc.
Paint shop, Midwest Aircraft Refinishing, Hibbing, MN

It was a pleasure working with both groups

Warren Starkebaum
Plymouth MN

MOW1w-0SKVpOg_pE2J6mbbaKKU3TPqDplXepVP-4qYw8wXJYkGoRA5UQq51y4rm5mk8QJhB5fgnfcUKHIREjFZ0YsdVZzCHFXIFMLmJnQ78O8r3_rPvrJOboiOrznepi49464mhoOBRSx4Lz6VqnKqpeYjjpbBbKryqAkcYGr5EsTHYi3MKhEVovYwONtq1_DVjlHyaVxUNYQhdi15taTJI-zb08_XcbnF6U6fhSHO2Iv-R2H1Ydt0cXhAJaW_dibTjhD-K1nEHMLUC39exT1zG0sEvG8EtOU5ZzC1uSee6xio0EkZlRCAcH7egdDCaNdkNrUzMvmvepSwBJ4xfOGInpfZF0XXOzruViios_ypv7clgFVcXelF1K87WCb9YNlLVhrmRbV_kJeRbovEUyL3MJv9HdnWaXMUPdzbWy2eQdoT0Z9rKnyrt1XE3NEQ7Iv07XHgUtVpFvbKc7BhTZTgckytz4E6G0PM42GJLa4po7BZYHtyzG1eeUylK35KqGwUgw1ijnpT2uvxvrd2Qfd8cfjUo1JizVIlxr5oG-GCCndJ_ysZtqYt9swGv6p3xaTMWQhqGt2WKPhJMD63Y2NWbSboGuThtmV4IDvqHhnSStEvto3dJJ4UyQhFtlT8y4judZE_6MLbSm5QFJCVs3klXjP-8-jvE0mD2qZLUFEQ=w920-h393-no

While it's not certainly not a gorgeous paint job, or a flashy house in the background, or a couple astronauts sharing a beer leaning on the wing, this is probably my favorite picture so far. This was about a month after finishing Phase I, after 8 years of building, and is in HBP at Oshkosh '16, the first "real" trip the airplane had taken since Phase I. The airplane had 55.7 hours on it at this point. It represents the culmination of an awful lot of daydreams.

IMG_0141_zps0zgpaei4.jpg

While it's not certainly not a gorgeous paint job, or a flashy house in the background, or a couple astronauts sharing a beer leaning on the wing, this is probably my favorite picture so far. This was about a month after finishing Phase I, after 8 years of building, and is in HBP at Oshkosh '16, the first "real" trip the airplane had taken since Phase I. The airplane had 55.7 hours on it at this point. It represents the culmination of an awful lot of daydreams.

IMG_0141_zps0zgpaei4.jpg

I think it looks incredible, Well Done!!

Eagle's Nest Projects - Space Center Houston

Eagle's Nest Projects was the greeting exhibit at CCISD's 4th Annual Science Extravaganza held at Space Center Houston.
Couldn't resist the opportunity to stray a little off course to get this photo of N911EN, Clear Springs High School's 3rd RV-12 build.

DSC_2866-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful niner

Nice picture. I'm jealous of your paint job every time I see it at S50. I didn't paint before flying, and now I don't want to stop flying to paint.

My RV-7 next to my ground transportation unit, the colors of which I decided to use when it was painted.

i-5hj2Krv-XL.jpg

Love that RV, the planes not bad either.

Thank you, Pat. There are so many beautiful examples of RVs in this thread including the gorgeous 7A posted by Dan Morris, that it was slightly intimidating to share a photo. The evening light hides the blemishes nicely though ;) Ironically the Bronco has cost me more in the 20+ years I've owned/worked on/modified it than the RV-7!

Photo shoot

Took these with my phone. Photographer is editing the best shots. The Vett was the project just before the -8.
2rxecjt.jpg
e
8wgqcz.jpg

Last edited:
Back