What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual XGPS160 not receiving satellites

BHunt

Well Known Member
Has anyone had an issue with your XGPS-160 not receiving satellite signals?

Mine had worked great until yesterday. I emailed them but haven't heard anything yet, probably based on the weekend. Just curious if anyone has had the same issues.

My XGPS150 worked fine on Saturday. If you don't already use it, you may want to consider the App from Dual that provides great info on the status of your GPS. It provides satellite count, reception quality, battery charge level, etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bluetooth-gps-status-tool/id422661436?mt=8

2ursad3.jpg

Good luck

I did download the app and update the firmware. Now, even though the Bluetooth connects, it doesn't show anything in the app. And the green light for GPS on the puck keeps flashing, meaning it's still searching. Waiting to hear back from them on a possible fix or warranty swap.

One last thing to consider...

On the XGPS150, there is a tiny switch under the battery cover. One switch position covers Android operation, while the other covers Apple systems. Your problem sounds more like a HW problem, but it only takes a second to try...

Good luck,

I wouldn't think that would cause it to not connect to satellites. I'm gonna look for a switch and see if I accidentally bumped it.

Back