What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy side skirt in fiberglass

Hornet2008

Well Known Member
I have had a good look on the forum to see if anyone, other than the carbon fiber one, has made side skirts for a slider. Not up to it as yet but are doing ground work. I have a glider and on really hot days the canopy plexi expands to the point assistance is needed to close it. Just trying to see if someone has successfully done a full fiberglass skirt. They are available from an RV accessories supplier, Pacific something, but reading a couple of posts they appear to need a lot of work to fit neatly, and they aren't cheap. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased the side skirts from the Pacific seller. They were expensive. I used both the windscreen as well as the side skirts. The windscreen product fit nice. The side skirts however did not fit. The seller was contacted and he was of little help. He could not understand why- as his mold was from a 7 model as was mine. But I made a cut and re-fiberglassed and the piece turned out nice. You might make your own, I was lazy and bought them already done.
I have one or two pictures, that might be of value. I could e-mail them to you if you like
Dave

Back