What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BladeSox

cdeerinck

Well Known Member
I recently bought a MT 3-blade CS Prop, and wanted to take good care of it. I had recently seen a product called "BladeSox", which are neoprene covers for your prop. They are intended to help prevent hangar rash when moving around your plane or when perhaps removing the cowl.

I emailed the owner, David Otero about a quote. He was quick to reply, and I liked the price. I took the measurements and gave him a rough idea of what I wanted to be printed on them. He came back with some much better ideas and gave me several to choose from, regarding layout and looks.

For those curious, Pyretic is the name of my plane. It means "pertaining to, or inducing fever", and I have kind of co-opted the Dragon sunglasses logo as it's emblem.

The MT prop is a bit unusual in that the leading edge is curved, and the trailing edge is straight. I had a small (bordering on OCD) issue with that and the compatibility of the Sox, and David was quick to resolve it, and make sure I was 100% happy.

In my conversations with him, he is fantastic to work with, and truly understands the concept of keeping the customer satisfied. While I have been very lucky to work with some great vendors during the course of my build (VP-X, TS Flightlines, Anti-Splat, Stein, Classic Aero, Plane Schemer, and Vans) he seems to be destined to rank up there with the best of them. If this is something that interests you, head over to bladesox.com and take a peek. He has my highest recommendation!

*** To DR or any moderators reading this, David has been trying to get a hold of Doug to advertise here but has been unsuccessful. We all know Doug is busy, but he might want to consider creating a second email address for advertisers only, so they don't get lost in the bulk. I assume he would really want to read requests to advertise. Could one of you maybe let Doug know to search for his emails, and have him give David a call? ***

jzk1sn.jpg

Those look great ...
In fact, I looked at the pic several times thinking you had the logo on your actual blades, and wondered where the pic with the socks was - they fit so well it is hard to tell!

I Like!

For years, I have used an old pair of tube socks (Probably from the '80's) that I managed to get stretched out long enough to cover my blades...but I see I need to get something little more presentable!

Gun Sock

You can get a gun sock that is cheap and would stretch over the blades. Much longer than tube socks.

Thanks Chuck for your endorsement.
I?m truly enjoying making BladeSox for so many plane owners and builders.
Can?t wait to see your 10 in the air.

David Otero
www.bladesox.com
RV-7. N505RV

Great Product

David makes a top quality product, pictures do not do them justice. With the price of propellers keeping them protected in the hangar and while performing maintenance on the airplane is a must. In the past I would drape a towel on the prop and try to secure it with a rubber band or some tape, but it would usually fall off, the BladeSox stay put.

Thanks for a great product David!

WLY4R1UDNOe-rSKkk0frE5j_K2En9ejlcJNpeFemc-mkq00XI2SP3Q7nsdHgiE3q8EmHoUBYtJttgIzHJR-KOUplZzDktpMeyNY_ueJ0Wadg0YuBecapr-GLLY5g0cNqzM1I-mcN0syLRgbRJZSAdponVwYjBdEbeI3xKNDqiB3kxZF5BKatNo1Eb0gOPdAhtHh5RaDtTfePE_ki008h4YyVPAgw3nXqridDNDVF9w-MLNUG4UKV8JLXabI6VRx-7dOpGW00ozcEjxJLOLGqZlta20LgIASqAQtrvaZPk58A049wG5H_669zteI7mme2x25dTaud2i3ReS5MX0aqe76JmFPEyGwZugJE-YEeXx2SBqM8a2aBmvOrp3zAI5FXHyeWiM6FRWrmbnijn1gmKiNSjW8rfehePtc69fbkwT4nm008AS2lLYaqb0rwLSno9F2UpIU1hhb4whicuDEvIegWtX6ArpMOcple1qhNiPMPvseOZfDVQV_vVJbnnFyUyHp-OMWGGozOSO9x-Cj954krwR8kpJtD3US9SWGXOd8i6GUoTlrOGEMRA32TNwgmFwyb71Wg-W9Wv0wm0ghN_B3XroiO_zM-3oCBzbwlc6jMGPrztSzy80_U9Bq_eeyfwgWiiPv0UkvvpWPWtpdaDWyo=w800-h500-no

Back