What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Catto Carbon Fiber Spinner

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
I just received my very nice Catto Carbon Fiber Spinner. I can't wait to get this installed. The carbon fiber pattern is amazing. It comes complete, cut, and ready to install. They even included the screws!! Thanks Craig and Nicole.
conehead_zpsr1imumyb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WOW!!! That looks even nicer than the Carbon Fiber Spinner they sent me 3yrs ago. And here I thought they couldn't possibly make them look any better than the one I have. :eek:

Last edited:
Is that a pistol in the background in case someone tries to steal that work of art?

I didn't notice that it was in the picture, but your comment is correct!

I will admit the spinner was not cheap, but worth every penny to me. I am going to clear coat it for protection, but no paint!

Carbon

Not really sure it is the best place for unfinished carbon fiber. Yes it is strong but it chips easily and does not handle abrasion well. Inspect often. You'll see most carbon spinners are painted. WW is one example.

I can't find it but I have a picture of a standard Van's spinner that was dipped using water transfer graphics with carbon pattern. Looks fantastic and you wouldn't know it wasn't carbon.

I love carbon!!!

Not really sure it is the best place for unfinished carbon fiber. Yes it is strong but it chips easily and does not handle abrasion well. Inspect often. You'll see most carbon spinners are painted. WW is one example.

I can't find it but I have a picture of a standard Van's spinner that was dipped using water transfer graphics with carbon pattern. Looks fantastic and you wouldn't know it wasn't carbon.

I love carbon!!!

If it starts looking bad after clear coat, I may have it dipped in the fake carbon fiber! Ha! That would be something. I saw some wheels dipped in snakeskin decal on the show Wheeler Dealers and it looked pretty sharp.

I have the same awesome spinner. Mine came with UV resistant clear coat. It seems to be holding up good.

Mine did too. I may spray another coat or two on it just to make the pattern even deeper than it already looks! I have it sitting on my table in the living room because I like just looking at it. I may have to order another one for the plane!

Have you used this resin with UV protection for every CF spinner or from after a specific date? I have one of your early CF spinners (LOVE IT) and want to know if it has this "protection".

:cool:

The Catto spinner is amazing. My RV-8 has one on its nose. I’m still on the fence about painting mine. I’ll likely do so but it’s definitely not my top priority.

Sleek! Expect at least 10 kts gain

Vlad - I put too much work into my plane to credit the spinner with 10 of my hard gained knots.

Back