What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Keep Building

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I have had the benefit of flying my plane for just over a year and it has been great. My RV day yesterday.

Fly Olympia to Jefferson County Airport (0S9) to have lunch at the Spruce Goose Cafe. Back home to Olympia and attach new GoPro Camera mount and go out for some aerobatics, land at CLS, south of OLM for fuel.

Taking off I see Mount St Helen and could not resist a closer look. After a bit of cloud surfing, yes there were some, I landed back in Olympia and thanked Gator for a great day.

So when the build gets slow or idle think about how you will spend your RV day when you get done, because there are times you will wonder if you will get done, but you will.

Cheers.

10pbndh.jpg

Sweet!

Hey, keep these motivators coming. I'm 700 hours into the build, and posts like yours help keep my eyes on the prize.

Looking good Mike! I spent all day today building the rudder pedal assembly. What a lot of monkey motion and box of parts! But it's done and I'm one step closer? Elevator and rudder controls hooked up and working!

Looking good Mike! I spent all day today building the rudder pedal assembly. What a lot of monkey motion and box of parts! But it's done and I'm one step closer? Elevator and rudder controls hooked up and working!

You are making great progress compared to my snails pace.

Thanks for the motivation..... I needed that especially now that I've started on the SB 14-01-31 and none of the holes match-up..... not even the new HS0003 to the HS810-1 and HS814-1. Yet to take photos and ask VAN's where and what went wrong....mine is an RV8 90% complete and I decided to do the SB before fitting the horizontal stab to the fuse.....aaaaaargh shuddah left it alone

Thanks for the motivation..... I needed that especially now that I've started on the SB 14-01-31 and none of the holes match-up..... not even the new HS0003 to the HS810-1 and HS814-1. Yet to take photos and ask VAN's where and what went wrong....mine is an RV8 90% complete and I decided to do the SB before fitting the horizontal stab to the fuse.....aaaaaargh shuddah left it alone

The holes are not sapose to line up.

Photos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the motivation. It looks like your plane has been painted, I don't think I've seen any full shot photos of it with a paint job. Can you post a link to some if you have them?

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the motivation. It looks like your plane has been painted, I don't think I've seen any full shot photos of it with a paint job. Can you post a link to some if you have them?

Cheers,

Greg

Hopefully Mike doesn't mind; we were neighbors last year at Oshkosh. What a beautiful RV!

DSC_0866.jpg
[/URL]

Jon beat me to it

Thanks Jon for posting!

I am on a short trip for work, in Honolulu.

Cheers

Back