What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Gascolator bracket

rvbuilder1

Looking for advise on installing my gascolator on my RV-4 sloped firewall. On my 6 when I built it years ago "no problem" used the standard bracket that came with the unit. With the sloped firewall I have seen many different hand made brackets the permit a vertical orientation. I could probably dream something up, but thought I would seek some advise from those who came up with their own and probably better options. Any advise out there

Thanks guys and now back to building

rvbuilder1

gascolator bracket

Dayton and Tim
Two excellent ways to proceed. Thanks I think I will go with Tim's approach. Simple and effective.

John

Hey Tim ,

What's the purpose of the Adel clamp connecting the bracket to the motor mount ? Is firewall flexible and needs little support to help with the weight of the gascolator ? I'm just about to start adding a gascolator to my recently imported 4 in order to comply with Canadian rules . I haven't had the chance to open up the plane ( only got it yesterday ) to see what I can do but I'm thinking that the aft of firewall solution might be a little slicker ...

Marc

Back