What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Off Topic bi-plane progress.

Mel

Legacy Member
Mentor
Hey if you guys are interested at all in my bi-plane you can see it on the EAA website. Go the EAA.org, click on videos, go down to video galleries and click on technical counselors.
The video is not about the bi-plane, but you will see me rolling it around a bit.
BTW, I've actually gotten back to work on it. I have the left lower wing almost done.

Mel,

I recall that you were going to use a Jab 3300 for power. If you're anywhere ready for an engine, the 3300 is on sale for $16,400 until 4/15.

Tony

EXCELLENT video Mel! As a newbie, I sure hope to meet you in person one day! Im sure you'll see a pm from me after I get my hands on the empenage kit. :)

Carefull Video warning

wow I just got sucked into about an hour of videos. I think Ill have to look that site up during lunch breaks to keep up with newer videos.

Mel,

I recall that you were going to use a Jab 3300 for power. If you're anywhere ready for an engine, the 3300 is on sale for $16,400 until 4/15.

Tony
Already got the engine lined up. It's coming off the Legend Cub prototype.

BTW, Thanks for all the Kudos on the video, but a lot of the credit goes to Brady Lane. He did a superb job of editing.

Last edited:
Mel while watching your vedio it reminded me so much of conversations i have had with Mannan Thomason who has mentored me and helped me with my -8 build . Lending tools taking all my phone calls answering my dumb questions and inspiring me to keep going . I hope i can help new builders some time down the road as others have helped me

Back