What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 long gear outside tire gear width needed

RV4er

Well Known Member
I need to pick up a trailer today to move my 4 to the airport. I forgot to measure the gear width before I left home. Anybody know the gear width to the outside of the tires?

Thanks

Hope this helps

With long gear...70" to the center of the tire...maybe add 4 '' to each side for the width of the tire and the axle nut for a total of 78". :confused: I just went out and measured the marks on the garage floor from when I install the wheel fairings. Sorry, I just moved my -4 out of the garage and I can't give you real life measurements. But, a 8 1/2 wide enclosed trailer was pently big enough.

tire measurement

Hi,

I just measured mine. I got exactly 75 inches from the outside edge of one tire to the outside edge of the other. You'll need to add about 3 inches total if you need clearance for the axle hubs.

Also, my plane is not completely done, so it may "spread out" just a tad as I "load her down" with instruments and other ****. The big ticket items are on there though (engine and prop).

Rick

Thanks fellows

Thanks fellows. I got er moved. The picture is under RV4 project updates.

Back