What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Nosedragger -4A???

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Hey All,

I know that the factory never provided parts for an RV-4A, but is anyone aware of one... anywhere?

I have seen pictures of retractable 4's, twin engine 8 and Mel has a picture of a very unique twin fuse 6. Right Mel?

;)

How about a tailwheel 10? That would be cool too!

:cool: CJ

I have plans from scratch for RV4A. Maybe instead of shipping them overseas I give them to you. :D

RV4A%20-%201.jpg

Any of the Vans with a nose wheel remind me of a Cherokee! Conventional for real pilots:):):)

Hey All,

I know that the factory never provided parts for an RV-4A, but is anyone aware of one... anywhere?

I have seen pictures of retractable 4's, twin engine 8 and Mel has a picture of a very unique twin fuse 6. Right Mel?

;)

How about a tailwheel 10? That would be cool too!

:cool: CJ

It has been done. I read the article back in the day. A fellow built a -4, didn't like the ground handling characteristics, and borrowed from the RV-6A to convert his -4 to a -4A.

Yep, my neighbor had one for a while. Original builder did it per plans and flew it for a while but wanted to teach his wife to fly it and did the conversion. It reportedly flew the same, but could land much slower because of the ability to rotate to higher AOA. My neighbor purchased it from the estate and converted it back to a TW, flew it for a while and sold it. It's still out there somewhere.

Back