What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 Visit - Huntsville Alabama area this weekend?

steve murray

Well Known Member
I am visiting my mother in law this weekend in Huntsville. I am building a 10, anybody in the Huntsville area I can visit their project or plane and talk airplanes for a bit?

Happy Holidays all

Steve

Hi Steve,
We'll be in FL visiting family, otherwise would have been glad to link up.
Good news is that there are a LOT of RVs in this area.
Holiday weekend might reduce the activity a bit, but if the weather is at all decent, I'd recommend you visit Moontown (3M5) east of town, and Decatur (DCU) west of Huntsville.
A few years back there was a 10 being built in Decatur. Sam might know if it's still there.
Hope you enjoy your stay. Fly over any 3rd Saturday for EAA breakfast at Moontown. When weather is good we have visitors from all over the Southeast.
All the Best,
Dave

Nice Town

Wife and I try to visit an aging Aunt (90) living at Redstone, south end of town. We fly the -6 down from Virginia a couple times a year when schedules and weather allow.
A nice 3 hour ride each way. We stay at MDQ..Huntsville Exec (Sharp).
Marty at the FBO there takes good care of us and always has a hangar for overnighting our -6. Line guys are good too. We just were down Thanksgiving Weekend.
zMzcZiaLipde2Y5odvzJ2dmlsVAZiQ7GaZ5_Q2fRmVBdNf0p5w84zvhSCTcQ2DP_Mh9JQie0qn3bPhFpsQE7k5sJodxFfBrSRb5ZIitHkFCApr3_LbouuPRWichowu-anz-Slr1LDSbu9H8NpKRlmxtAcM_Yr5vxYVdWr3G1xWo1jHBTl-pcZ-twSZfN42dWca5wKXE3sP2HBoc9tLHjEbwLq1zD_1Bfl5timLR0VRILCryAvAo3fCiMT9jwhT7Ju6XOG7HdHx9buCeXv9tUMc1L_DporMMfCQIsf5fMEFATmcj6c7Gd0udt6uA5-U6dW0-idsxHJ7VkeKDx-XrXQC813sKqUI4q9HM3HqX3f_hTDRvnR64FEbngkqdzuI-Xxc_tnpfAURkLkPiPMUhNgvnQPi5JkIAikQ_Z39EUZrI06M80libJJmmR4cJL13v6IlnxESBQhiFs7fbKmGsxiLFbiEetBFoFIiP8AVPodZBLPnMguYwLaQZHakb_D5l4OF6L7rlT_s_LwP4DJwQS8tGgsxdLuIXB32EmUn9mRL6idwqfQc2Frl_UMlWqO76xr9342uafKpNYLI1umENz25aXUWv6U7ewrW7Pr1vzqf8Wh9jeK81L=w480-h640-no
sJGfdyr8UKNeS7d9C8eroVhJwsrB4GZbCRfuVykF99WAdx8Wipln65_bKxwOQghVRxWonMQ5DtMeWsSzUvpPZZeWHtHJHV4BIjLsyuP-31EKhW5A90OsrjlTI95GpLoBUKeXbjlJzxeZ_RhSb_yiP32yEUMPKCJZxaAEHpD2LjWaxa3qSHDbE50Wtl9KdGbebpbcoBaLbd_X3CqqZhf8BYccIsEPp1cWrB9k4GrBxP11RHOUu5Z0D8jp2NGgHmeEju1JMFsbr_FYXsRkoRYN8V5KUYeIFzmjjkDGqFQwAmdKgaIJjICl67eDvDBlTa0ju-0PFJk_EdWeBaqV2lhj6JQoRSa2jj-t_KMrBGWFnE7kz3iMcYV_E1sVP_D98XrM9iaeNJDasuet0JdCVjD9V2obf49c3BVjK5-f9auVkx3fgzmGx53TZ5OgpiwvkqEzGahiEtwnveiC2d-G_SXpBQEKnfAyrgGwjXMn-etT4zO8eQas7q-Irr91kpAqvEvS_o4OfItpchJ_bkT7Y9sjC16GY2FEx1ToEdwRMNhz7Cnqk9sbP8OOTbpv8ytlfY8F_qZpm6fdYIh7p5N9mISMVS5b9DCFSi6lh3mFKyWl-b5aiOHkdtTC=w640-h480-no

Our RV8 is down for maintenance so we drove to Huntsville this time. When flying we also typically go into KMDQ and Marty is sooo nice. My wife and Mother in law love talking to her.

I usually tie down on the ramp, but on occasion when a strong storm pops up, the KMDq Team will ensure my plane is put into a hangar without me even asking, this is a great airport, very GA friendly.

Have you had the catfish & hushpuppies at Green Briar restaurant on west side of Huntsville off of interstate 565?

Happy Holidays

mmmmmmm

Have you had the catfish & hushpuppies at Green Briar restaurant on west side of Huntsville off of interstate 565?

--------------
Steve,
NOT YET!!..:rolleyes:
But now that I have a recommendation, I will surely check it out!
Thanks.
We are always looking to take my Aunt out as she doesn't drive anymore but she still likes to eat. And Catfish is or could be a staple in the South.

My wife works for MillionAir and she and Marty get along great. The trip to Huntsville is one trip where the wife sets up the accommodations. She even makes the radio calls on Unicom in range to the FBO....:D

--------------
Steve,
NOT YET!!..:rolleyes:
But now that I have a recommendation, I will surely check it out!
Thanks.
We are always looking to take my Aunt out as she doesn't drive anymore but she still likes to eat. And Catfish is or could be a staple in the South...

Be aware that the "NEW" Greenbrier restaurant has closed. It was on the frontage road along I-565. The original "OLD" Greenbrier restaurant is still open. I haven't been there in a while, but from the looks of their internet presence, I'd say they are still serving hush puppies and catfish! See their web site.
I'd recommending calling ahead on the Christmas weekend to verify their opening hours.
Update: There is a BBQ restaurant on the frontage road described above, but I can't vouch for it as I've never been to it. But the "old" Greenbrier restaurant linked above is recommended.

Last edited:
Back