VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 06-29-2017, 10:41 AM

Default Panel Space

Thanks for that plus review. I've two AFS-5600T EFIS, a GTN 650 and not much more room for a display (RV-9A). But, if the Mini + Vision works well in an IFR approach environment, I would be very willing to remove some power plugs to make room for that functionality.

Keep the plusses coming - and the minuses too.

Thanks.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:01 PM

I'll take it IFR after a few flights. I never used GRT's synthetic approaches, so I'll need to get that down before I can try it.

It so far has made the commercial maneuvers really easy You can hold exact altitude in a steep turn, roll out perfectly on a heading, make precise lazy eights, etc. Same with landing, eyes up since airspeed is always in view.

I wonder if they are allowed on checkrides...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 622BH View Post
I was hoping to hear from someone who had already "played with them" in an IFR environment and am surprised there has been no respondents to date.

BUT, I will take what is available and look forward to any reports MBeuhler may provide in the near future. Pluses, minuses, and thought processes greatly appreciated.
O320 - CS - IFR
Old 06-30-2017, 12:35 PM

Default AFS ~ GRT Integration?

Since I have two (2) AFS 5600 T EFIS, and all the necessary map / chart database information, I was looking to use the GRT Mini strictly for attitude & AOA information in a heads-up while using the AFS / GTN-650 for approach guidance.
As I think about it, GRT data may well be required to put the ILS info in front of my eyes so I can remain heads-up...
All the toys.... hmmmm.

Again, looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.
Thanks

Last edited by 622BH : 06-30-2017 at 12:37 PM.