What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is quick built on RV14 wings?

larrys

Well Known Member
Hopefully someone will know?
The wait time seems to be getting longer on the RV-14 QB parts. For the wings are the ailerons and flaps built? I assume the fuel takes are mostly complete and I saw a photo of some wings just delivered and they look to have a skin not riveted, I assume for access to things like wiring and inspection to make sure it is the quality expected.
My question is if the ailerons and flaps are not built maybe I can pick them up with the next shipment and wait for the rest of the QB wings?
I am sure someone with experience has been down this road.
Thanks, Larry

I inquired as well about this same issue. it seems to me that Vansaircraft.com will tell you what comes with the quick build wings.

Dave

Flaps and ailerons are complete, tanks are installed and tested (although, you are recommended to test them again), all skins but one bottom skin on each wing are riveted in place. The final skin is riveted after installation of wiring and control push rods/linkages.

Flaps and ailerons are complete, tanks are installed and tested (although, you are recommended to test them again), all skins but one bottom skin on each wing are riveted in place. The final skin is riveted after installation of wiring and control push rods/linkages.

Thanks you! That is exactly what I needed to know. I was thinking of building the ailerons and/or flaps while waiting but now I know that is not needed.
Thanks, again! Larry

Back